Two of my special-needs cats are deteriorating rapidly. Please send prayers & vibes..

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of your kitties. It sounds like you gave them a good home with the love and care they needed and deserved, even if it wasn't for as long as you hoped.

You definitely made the right, responsible, humane decision in putting them down. One veterinary dentist I heard speak about stomatitis said it's the most painful thing a cat can go through, worse than walking around on a broken leg. Both of mine have it; one has only her canines left and one had 12 teeth removed a couple weeks ago. They're both relatively young and otherwise healthy, though.

Good luck with your own surgery!

ummm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry

I hope Ranger and Kojak will feel better soon

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG, to lose both in one day must be unbearable for you. The only consolation is that they are no longer in pain, and that is a BIG consolation. That shows how much you love them. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou again everynoe for the kind words and support.
It really does mean a lot to me!

It's been a long week, but I'm just taking it a day at a time (and well, an hour at a time!). I still can't belive I'm having heart surgery tomorrow, but I know I have two fluffy little angels watching over me. (Ranger will be staying with my sister Kimmy and her faimly and my mom will be comming over to look after my kitties everyday). I've just had a lot going on this week between loosing the kitties and getting prepared for tomorrow. My house still feels empty without Tommy and Cecilia running around. I am just happy that neithor of them are suffering anymore and that they are at peace. Ranger and Kojak are still wondering around looking for Tommy...it's soo sad to watch that. Before Tommy's CRF took a turn for the worse, he was such a good companion/playmate for them and kept them such good company (and me). I'm just trying to keep them both distracted for the time being.

Thankyou again for your kind words and support during such a tough week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to update a little bit. I finally got to go home yesterday after a long week of surgery & recovering! I am soo happy to be home!

While I was away, I recieved the most beautiful card in the mail. It was a homemade card from the vets office that helped with Tommy and Cecilia. Their staff made it themselves! They included the most beautiful personalized poem about them in it and every single staff member there signed the card and wrote a little note. I am absolutely touched by their immense display of compassion during a tough time!
I'm a little slow moving at the moment, but once I get a chance, I will post a picture of the beautiful card they sent. It really just melted my heart