Tuxedo?

fender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Surprise in my basement! Here is her background http://www.thecatsite.com/t/331443/stray-help-its-a-biter#post_4162778 when I had her at the clinic for initial exam multiple comments were made of the tuxedo cat. Does her coat markings hold to the definition of tuxedo? 2 people also thought it was odd that a tuxedo was not male. Are they usually male and why. Couldn't find much on Google. Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its no typical example for tuxedo, but in lack of some clearly better label, you can surely say tuxedo.  Or simply black and white.

Tuxedo hasnt nothing to do with gender. Even if many tuxedos does seems to be male.  I think its so, almost all torites are females - which is quite a big part of the female population.   So, the tuxedo males becomes relatively more common.

also, the male littermates of  torties, are usually black and white - often tuxedos..  As they gets exactly the same genes, but not the red from daddy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps.  I see she has greenish eyes?  One thought strikes me.

Torties are often green eyes.  Not always, but much above average for the not so common green eye color.   She perhaps HAS some red spot somewhere - may be quite minor amount!    Proving she has the red gene too...

And thus, it perhaps may be a tortie - ie calico after all...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah yes she does have green eyes! I'm going to look for some red spot, I'll update later

Thank you so much for your insight!

Last edited: