Tuxedo boy and potty problems

Alex_ayye

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My beautiful little (big) tuxedo boy is not using the litter box as much as I personally think he should. He goes #1 on a regular basis, but recently he has not been going #2 regularly. I’ve been giving him hairball solution gel, making him run a lot while playing, and last week I gave him some glycerin (rectally). He went potty a day later and hasn’t gone since. That was 4 days ago now and before that it was 5 days. I’ve been adding extra water to his food as well. I have now separated him and his litter box from the other cats so that I can monitor him more. He has a vet appointment scheduled for a week from today, but I just want some advice on what I could do in the meantime to get him going naturally.

May be unrelated, but we rescued a cat (his same age) around a month ago and that’s around the time he started having massive hairballs and constipation. I’m curious if maybe he’s stressed but not showing it. He has really warmed up to the new cat because he LOVES playing and watching his adopted siblings play.

He’s also a long haired boy and I brush him daily to help with the hairballs.

Thank you in advance! Any ideas or comments are welcomed!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he on wet food? Males are more prone to having UTI. I add churu or tiki sticks,almost 90% water. Have you watched him go to the litter box?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I believe this is an emergency and you need to get him in much, much sooner, tomorrow morning if at all possible.