Turns Mean!!

stonegatewest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got a cat who was shifted from shelter to shelter then adopted and was going to be returned. She’s extremely healthy so no medical reason for behavior. We have tried 4 x to slowly acclimate the cat to our other cats. She had her own room, they sniff under door, then fed on each side of the gate. But still she charges the gate to get at our younger cat. Today the young one slipped into her room as I was leaving. The one hid behind an end table. The other cat ran up snd I yelled no. My daughter came in to pick up her cat and as she was lifting him up the other cat jumped up the wall to try to get at the cat. Then as she was walking out the cat started biting her calf. I simply can’t return this animal to a shelter. Can’t find a home for her. I simply don’t know what to do with this situation!! This cat could just tear into the younger one if they ever got together because she’s strong as a bull. My daughter isn’t planning on moving out for probably a year or more. The situation is potentially dangerous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stonegatewest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And we have had her 4 months now.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
You mentioned you have tried four times to integrate the cat, and I am wondering how far you were able to get in each step.

As far as this recent incident, it is totally understandable that the cat was frightened and reacted by biting. Her space was invaded by another cat, there was yelling and a human stepped into her space to grab the cat she was reacting to. Unfortunately, any time there is a high stress negative interaction like one it takes you back to square one and the need for a longer, more gradual introduction. And it is possible that she is just one of those cats that needs to be an only Cat. If you feel she won’t adjust to your cats then talk with the shelter you got her from and perhaps they can find her a home with no other pets.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
For my stressed out cat i bought rescue remedy online and feliway. Who knows if it works. She shows her stress in a different way. I try to spend lots of time with her. She loves playing with wand toys. I wouldn't keep her locked in a room unless you clicker train her. Whenever Maggie bothers peaches click-and say Maggie come!- and she comes. Make sure your other cats have somewhere to jump high,even furniture or build shelves. No boxes to hide in so they're trapped. Good luck! Things will work out.