Turf Wars Between Brother Kitties?

huntersmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Twinkie, the sleepy one, who is often found napping on the end of my bed, is regularly lying there sleeping and his brother Hunter will come up behind him and start padding down the bedding behind him, getting closer and closer and finally ending by padding down Twinkie!  He sticks his back foot in his abdomen area!  :eek:  It must be an incredibly rude awakening for Twinkie who was doing nothing wrong.  I wonder if he is jealous or if it is a territorial thing or if he is maybe even trying to make a sexual advance on Twinkie?  Does anyone here know what might be happening with these two?  It is like Hunter goes into a trance and starts padding.  He also comes up behind his sister, and bites her shoulder and won't let go.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What happens once Twinkie wakes up? Do they go off to play or does Hunter take over the bed? If it's the latter, like his behavior towards his sister, it is a dominance issue. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

huntersmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, not really sure.  I just remember Twinkie waking up and looking at him like what ARE you doing?  I think then Hunter walks off but I'll watch them next time and see if Twinkie leaves.  Thank you. :)