Tuna or other substitute?

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am currently feeding the Wellness grain free canned foods. However, I just moved and am really tight on cash until I get paid again. I am really concerned because I am running low on cat food and can't purchase a full supply until then. Is it ok to feed canned tuna on a short term basis? Or, is there a cheap wet food I can substitute in the meantime? I want to be a good meowmy.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm no expert...I have heard tuna is not good for cats?? (is this true?)
As far as cheap wet food, on her I have been told Meow Mix wet is pretty good for a cheap food and can be purchased at a grocery store.

Sorry I am not too much help!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a feeling. I feel so guilty to have to get cheap on my guys. I can do Meow Mix, they liked that.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not feed people tuna or cat tuna. I try to stay away from fish foods. You'd do better to pick up a few cans of Friskies to tie them over.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for the advice. I'll be doing that. I'm hoping I will have enough money to get them some Wellness, I just hate to be wishy washy with their food because I know how sensitive they can be.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah get some cheaper cat food over tuna ... how much is the wellness .?? maybe try a mid level brand

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The wellness is about $1.79 for a 5.5 oz can, I am going through about 3 of those per day. I also get the 12.5 oz cans too which is about $20 for 12 of them. I go through about 1.5 of those per day, so a 12 pack lasts me about a week. I have a 15lb cat (healthy weight) and a 21lb cat (has lost 4 pounds, needs to lose about 4-5 more). I usually don't have a problem but for a few days I need to get something where I don't have to drive across town to get it or spend a lot of money. I hate it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
since you are better with the large cans then yes maybe read the grocery labels ...

do you have a BIG pet store within a reasonable distance