Tummy Trouble

Perxian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!
Hoping we can get some help or advice on this. My partner and I are first time cat owners. We adopted a 5 year old torbie named Miso in March. She's such a sweet girl and we love her to death. Recently I've been worried about her health. I'll preface by saying that her litter is pretty litter and we change it out every 3-4 weeks, she normally eats a pack of tiki cat mousse and 1/3 cup of rocky mountain dry food every day. Here's what I've observed within the past couple days:
-She's had very runny stool. Some solids, but it's very liquidy. The first one was horrendously smelly. The next two were not as bad.
-This morning she had an accident outside the litterbox. Peed on the rug. She's been great at using her litter box before then. The rug in question is about 2 feet away from the litterbox.
-This morning she was ravenously hungry. Not really sure why as she gets a meal at about 10 or 11, a couple hours before we go to bed.
A week after we adopted her she had a vet checkup just to make sure she was healthy and nothing was wrong. They took a stool sample and did the general look around and said she looked good. So I'm wondering now, is it stress or do you think theres something underlying?
I've tried to do my own research, but I'm hoping some more experienced people could give advice. Thank you for reading!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the litter scooped after every use, some cats don't like using a litter tray if it's dirty. As for the diarrhoea, you could try adding pure pumpkin, no additives, to her food or try S Boulardii, I have had a lot of success with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Perxian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is the litter scooped after every use, some cats don't like using a litter tray if it's dirty. As for the diarrhoea, you could try adding pure pumpkin, no additives, to her food or try S Boulardii, I have had a lot of success with it.
Thanks for your reply! I do clean her litter box after every use. I will start with the pumpkin to see if it helps.