Trying with some success

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to switch my cats and dogs to raw. The dogs are easy. The love the Aunt Jeni Chicken that I've tried on them.

I have tried Aunt Jeni beef and Radcat Turkey on the cats. Magnus and Freya, my kittens, will eat anything and they loved the Aunt Jeni beef. My other four adult cats initially didn't like the beef but eventually one cat did eat it. But the Radcat Turkey was a big hit! Five cats, except the holdout, loved it!.

I also bought chicken, lamb, and rabbit in Nature's variety. In addition to the turkey, I bought chicken and lamb in the Radcat. I want to expose them to as many types of raw food as possible to determine what types they will eat.

I wanted to add chicken hearts because of the natural taurine. I also wanted to add chicken gizzards as a snack for teeth cleaning. But I didn't want to buy them from the grocery store. So, I ordered from Hare Today. Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) I needed to order additional items to meet the weight requirements. So I ordered the ground meat, organs, and bone of rabbit, turkey, and chicken along with the nutritional supplement that Hare Today offers. Has anyone every ordered this?

Hopefully everyone will like the meats from Hare Today. I only ordered 2lb. amounts so it's not a great loss regardless.

P.S. Thanks for all your great posts Auntie Crazy! I've been reading about when you started raw feeding and I wish my cats were as easy as yours. One of my ragdolls, Jack, is still giving me fits. But I'm working on it!

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't feed ground, but I order various hearts (duck, chicken,turkey), duck and rabbit meat and some other things for my dogs/ferrets from Hare Today. My cat is quite picky, she prefers chicken and turkey over all else but she can't pass up food either so I just set it down and ignore her, been out of rabbit for a bit and just ordered again and it took 2-3 tries for her to really eat it, I mix it with chicken until she does or just put it back in the fridge and try later. Haven't fed the supplement though. Hopefully your cats take to some new options, my cat and ferrets adore hearts and livers for some reason which is awesome for me.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FedLawyer

I'm trying to switch my cats and dogs to raw. The dogs are easy. The love the Aunt Jeni Chicken that I've tried on them.

I have tried Aunt Jeni beef and Radcat Turkey on the cats. Magnus and Freya, my kittens, will eat anything and they loved the Aunt Jeni beef. My other four adult cats initially didn't like the beef but eventually one cat did eat it. But the Radcat Turkey was a big hit! Five cats, except the holdout, loved it!.

I also bought chicken, lamb, and rabbit in Nature's variety. In addition to the turkey, I bought chicken and lamb in the Radcat. I want to expose them to as many types of raw food as possible to determine what types they will eat.

I wanted to add chicken hearts because of the natural taurine. I also wanted to add chicken gizzards as a snack for teeth cleaning. But I didn't want to buy them from the grocery store. So, I ordered from Hare Today. Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) I needed to order additional items to meet the weight requirements. So I ordered the ground meat, organs, and bone of rabbit, turkey, and chicken along with the nutritional supplement that Hare Today offers. Has anyone every ordered this?

Hopefully everyone will like the meats from Hare Today. I only ordered 2lb. amounts so it's not a great loss regardless.

P.S. Thanks for all your great posts Auntie Crazy! I've been reading about when you started raw feeding and I wish my cats were as easy as yours. One of my ragdolls, Jack, is still giving me fits. But I'm working on it!
Glad you're enjoying the reading, FedLawyer! I wasn't fully aware of it back then - I was, in fact, feeling more panic than gratitude when my furfaces started refusing the canned foods - but after working with so many others to get their cats on raw foods, I really did have a very easy transition. (I so heart my kitties!
)

I order from Hare-Today regularly. I experimented with the different rabbit products and settled on the large pieces. It's a bit of work to separate most of the meat from the bones so I can serve meat meals and bone-in meals, but my cats didn't like the ground and didn't always tolerate it well (no idea why).

Remember to use enticements when you need them. My Rachel just passed the five year mark and still occasionally needs encouragement to finish her meals. I use Whole Life's Freeze-dried 100% Chicken, but there are many options. You can drip a bit of tuna juice over the new food, or sprinkle catnip, Parmesan Cheese, Forti Flora flakes, or even fish food flakes (weird, but it works) over it.

Persistence is key! Cats can sometimes take months to fully transition, but it's well worth the effort.

AC

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had lots of success with fish flakes for two cats a friend and I are socializing (abandoned /dumped cat).
Ritz my furbaby loves freeze dried salamon.
Of course, Ritz doesn't need ANY encouragement to eat....It comes naturally to her