Trying to find Zach, is there any thing else to do?

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last Monday, our office cat, Zachary got out and has not returned. He was only in the new place for about a week. I have spoken with the neighbors on either side, one is a home and one is a store. There is a junkyard beyond the hillside that he ran to, I spoke with a woman yesterday and she has a feral colony that she cares for. She is on the lookout for him as she has no black cats in her colony and a few blocks down there is a place that has another feral colony and their caretaker is watching out for him too. I have left his heated cat house and litterbox by the warehouse door and put a pillow with his scent tied to a tree. I will put his old shelter on the hillside in hopes he picks up on the scent in there. I am even going to the old office but I think it is too far for him to travel and I am worried about the traffic he would have to face. We are putting up signs with a reward offered. Is there anything else I could possibly do? We leave the warehouse door open all day long in hopes of his coming back. I don't know if a cat can find his way back to a place he was not familiar with-is that possible? I am more upset as each day goes by. We took so long to get him that I just can't believe he doesn't want to come back.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This article has a lot of tips: How To Find a Lost Cat or Dog A cat will often travel far to get "back home", so keep checking around the old office, ask people in the vicinity to keep an eye out for him, and distribute flyers or posters there, too.

Good luck!