Trying to find an affordable way to provide a balanced raw diet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hoping to get some info about where they source their meat from. Which was posted, but it wasn't like what I need for Oliver -- ground with bones, for example. I am going to ask around. I had been hoping to get in touch with people who already had these local details, though!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can Oliver not have bone? I'm sorry if you've already mentioned why.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs bones! The butchers inventories they had posted didn't have ground meats with bones listed, though I suppose they would do it upon request. But that's what I was hoping to find: all the research done and I could just look at the results!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh OK, I misunderstood. You could balance with homemade eggshell powder. When I feed pork or beef I use Dr. P's supplement recipe but add eggshells for the calcium source. In a way the eggshell powder is easier in that I have a much better estimate about how much calcium they're getting rather than trying to figure out how much bone, how much calcium is in the bone, etc. I much prefer to use eggshell powder for a calcium source than bone meal, and it's practically free due to using yolks in the recipe.