Trying To Find A Product That Is Similar To Where Mango Likes To Hideout And Sleep

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten only sleeps under a table with a large white sheet draped over it, I made this because he has never been comfortable with any other hideouts or beds and I wanted him to have a safe place to call his own.
37160609-B779-439F-B4B5-488F5F953C71.jpeg
Please disregard the mess the carpet needs to be vacuumed often to keep his fur out of it. This table/sheet hut quickly became his favorite spot so I made a similar teepee on my bed and now he sleeps with me(he wouldn’t even go on my bed before!!)
CC41B1CA-173D-44A5-9BB8-E3A5594603EE.jpeg

I’m just looking for a product or DIY idea that would simulate his favorite spot because I’m tired of having these set up in my living space it’s impractical and looks bad. (Obviously I’ll keep it set up though if I can’t find another option, he’s a spoiled little guy:catlove:)

Bonus pics of him celebrating the construction of his teepee, he was moving so fast I couldnt get a clear photo :lol: 26A9778A-49F9-4F0B-9265-C5ECBA578553.jpeg C2A36DC9-B624-4BE4-829E-68C3094EE99B.jpeg 8BD37FBC-EB73-4EB7-BE95-B614C26BCF1D.jpeg B266BEEF-8806-4319-9798-A0505CE511DE.jpeg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link loves this pop tent thing that fits over a twin bed. It's the bed my niece sleeps in when she stays the night but Link has taken it over when she isn't here.

IMG_20180301_213752.jpg

DreamTents™ - Fun Pop Up Tents that Give Your Child Their Own Private World at Night!

It's probably a little kiddish for what you want though. Maybe a bed canopy or bed mosquito net type thing over your bed? They can look pretty and be made at home with a hula hoop and some fabric.

Have you done any enclosed cat beds with multiple entrances? It may be that the whole single entrance aspect is what has made other hides unbearable for him. Having no escape route. Or getting a cat tree and hanging fabric off the edge to make a teepee of sorts. Or buy a pet teepee (go dog size).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Link loves this pop tent thing that fits over a twin bed. It's the bed my niece sleeps in when she stays the night but Link has taken it over when she isn't here.

View attachment 222260

DreamTents™ - Fun Pop Up Tents that Give Your Child Their Own Private World at Night!

It's probably a little kiddish for what you want though. Maybe a bed canopy or bed mosquito net type thing over your bed? They can look pretty and be made at home with a hula hoop and some fabric.

Have you done any enclosed cat beds with multiple entrances? It may be that the whole single entrance aspect is what has made other hides unbearable for him. Having no escape route. Or getting a cat tree and hanging fabric off the edge to make a teepee of sorts. Or buy a pet teepee (go dog size).

This is such a wonderful answer thank you so much. All of these options are great I’m excited and Mango will be too. I’ll let you know which He ends up with :happycat:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this thread! It reminds me of how my cat loves going into the "air bubble" created when you waft a fitted sheet up into the air and it drifts down like a parachute, landing on the floor. My cat hides inside that bubble and we throw mousie toys and such on top of it... she jumps up at the shadow the toy makes and the toys go flying up into the air.

I wonder if you could figure out a way to use a baby bed-sized, little fitted sheet with some kind of wire form structure, to make a little tent that you could just set up on part of your bed (or anywhere, really). Those are great ideas from Kieka, though!
:hyper:

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love this thread! It reminds me of how my cat loves going into the "air bubble" created when you waft a fitted sheet up into the air and it drifts down like a parachute, landing on the floor. My cat hides inside that bubble and we throw mousie toys and such on top of it... she jumps up at the shadow the toy makes and the toys go flying up into the air.

I wonder if you could figure out a way to use a baby bed-sized, little fitted sheet with some kind of wire form structure, to make a little tent that you could just set up on part of your bed (or anywhere, really). Those are great ideas from Kieka, though!
:hyper:
Mango likes tunneling under the air bubble too! :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a set of those nylon cubes that you can collapse and fold up. They were favorites here. I'm guessing any kind of cat tent would work but if he likes that material maybe you can find something at a fabric store and cover it? Craft stores sell wooden crates you might be able to use for a frame too. If I didn't have kids I'd probably have already bought my girls a tepee one. They are SO cute!

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I’d update this thread one last time..after reading all of the great suggestions I took a little bit from all of the ideas and decided to make a bed canopy. CCC8BD58-9FDB-4F15-B83B-123E21F4AB0E.jpeg
I’m not concerned with the design aspect of this because it will be atleast out of my way and it’s a little more permanent looking than what I was doing before. I didn’t want to pay too much for a product so I just got some large Command Hooks and put one on the ceiling above each corner of the bed. I am going these hooks to hang sheets so my bed will be fully enclosed.

I’m working on it today, he’s really gonna love it! :petcat:

Thanks again everyone.
:dizzycat::rock: