Trying to figure out what breed my kitty is

JanaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know what breed my kitty Yuki is? Please note he used to have a big fluffy tail before he broke his tail and had to get it amputated (1 old pic attached with tail still intact). I would have said snowshoe without a doubt but his very fluffy tail casts doubts for me. His hair is also medium length. Vets have told me many things, from siamese mix, to snowshoe mix, to ragdoll mix. Now im just more confused 🙈

Polish_20240102_185308158.jpg

mini p/h

Lov my miniature horses,
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know what breed my kitty Yuki is? Please note he used to have a big fluffy tail before he broke his tail and had to get it amputated (1 old pic attached with tail still intact). I would have said snowshoe without a doubt but his very fluffy tail casts doubts for me. His hair is also medium length. Vets have told me many things, from siamese mix, to snowshoe mix, to ragdoll mix. Now im just more confused 🙈

View attachment 467044
Hi looks like a snowshoe gorgeous kitty unreal beautiful

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pattern as such is known as snowshoe pattern. Thereby not said every point cat with that pattern has any relation to the rare breed Snowshoe...
If non point, you would call him for a tuxedo. :)

He is a longhair / medium hair, domestic pointed cat, in the black and white colors.

"siamese-mix" is really another way to say a point of no clear origin; or a pointed moggie. :)