Trying to figure out the breeds of Smooch and Winnie

katiwiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is Winine she's going to be two this May and she is different than any cat I have owned or even seen. Her personality is something of a cat mixed with a dog. Her favorite toys are hair ties which she'll play fetch with for hours if you keep throwing it. She will also try to take the hair ties out of your hair because any hair tie she finds is now hers. Winnie is the baby in the family and still very rambunctious. Not afraid of water, almost wants to play in it. Which leads to another weird thing she does, she paws or claws (a little similar to kneading) at the ground while she drinks, a thing that I've only ever seen my mothers Maine Coon do. Her coat is short hair but the feel is soft like long haired, her temperament could be described (and I mean it in the nicest way) as an asshole. She knows what you don't want her doing and she does it while looking you in the eyes. Very smart knows how to open drawers and even doors. If she doesn't get what she wants from me she will go to my jewelry and knock it all on the floor. She's cute and I love her but she can be a jerk, but nonetheless my jerk! With other cats she is the alpha. Even with bigger, older ones she will still try to dominate. Sometimes she'll attack/chase Smooch and my first cat Pickles and they've been living together for over a year now. Mainly either biting the back of their necks or while they're laying down standing over them and bitting their stomach or wherever she can get to. Never maliciously or to the point where we've had to keep them separate though. She may be the youngest but she is top cat in this house.

This is Smooch, the diva of the family. She is beautiful and she knows it. If a cat could be conceited that would be her. She's going to be 6 in November. She is such a spaz by every meaning of the word. Smooch has an ear piercing cry that she does whenever she wants treats or to be fed. Only eats certain treats and she changes her mind about what she likes every month. She is spoiled and she knows it. The slightest movement sends her flying though, only sudden movements around her unless you want her to take off. She's extremely loving and needy when she wants to be. Once she decides to be in on of those moods she expects you to pet her until she is done. And if you stop she'll ram her head into you until you begin again. She doesn't like men for some reason and is terrified of new people. She's the cat that you won't see for hours because she's hiding in the basement or under a couch. Her hair is long and smooth and it's hard to get a picture of her and they never do justice as to how fluffy she actually is. Especially her tail and mane. Temperament is skittish and lovable when she wants. With other cats she is submissive, would rather run and hide than interact. She is a princess!

I'm trying to figure out the breeds of Winnie and Smooch. Both cats were adopted from Shelters that had no information on them regarding parents or birth. I hope the information I've provided helps anything else you'd like to know just ask! I'm not expecting anything other than a regular house cat but figured I'd post and try to find out what I could!

Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The tabby is also a tortoise-shell, blue in color.  Tabby and tortie is often callef for torbie.

So, blue Torbie with white,  I think will be the description.  Or  Blue mackerel tabby and tortoiseshell, with white.   I think he is shorthair, possibly medium hair.

I think he is domestic.

The other, longhaired, is a tortie, tortoise-shell.

What is the color of its eyes?  On the last photo they are blue, but not on the others?

If blue, he may be a point too, but the masque not clearly visible because of the overall coloring...

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are beautiful!! I'm not an expert on cat breeds but will throw my thoughts out there. Winnie doesn't seem to have a pedigree background so I inagine she's a domestic tortie. Lovely coloring!!! Smooch has an interesting neck ruff, which might be a sign of her ancestry. Hmmm I'm trying to remember which breed is known for the neck hair. Norweigen forest cat??? (??) either way she is beautiful, and you captured their personalities perfectly!! [emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiwiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Both cats are female, and the long haired eyes change from an emerald green color to a orange-reddish color. Probably looked a little blue because of the lighting :)

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first one I can't really say if she has any background, as I'm more familiar with long haired breeds. For the 2nd one, I'd say there could be some Maine Coon along her lines somewhere. Both girls are stunning, congratulations! :D