Trying to distinguish genders of newborn kittens

cmccc17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My cat had kittens yesterday morning, and I'm really curious to know the genders! I originally thought it was girl, boy, girl... But now I'm thinking boy, girl, girl? I'm just really confused. Does anyone have any ideas? I know you're supposed to be looking for colon/semi colon shapes but they all look the same to me at this point. Please help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's quite hard to see. I think it's possible all 3 are girls. Though, do you have a clearer picture of the last one?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd actually say 3 girls ;). There doesn't seem to be enough distance between the anus and genitals for them to be boys, and the opening is more slit than hole. It will get easier to tell as they get older, for sure.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Really? My eyesight must be going. I blame it on that white/gold ~ blue/black dress I spent all day squinting at yesterday.

pc nguyen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:))

The dress's so famous. I saw yellow/ dark white one. According a news paper, my eyes aren't really well :))) 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
everyone drop the dress thing, it getting annoying lol

the second one is for sure a girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmccc17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I posted on here awhile ago about the genders of my litter of kittens, and a couple people said it looked like they're all girls... But now I'm thinking this kitten might be a boy? It looks a bit different from the other 2 girls (and I'm positive they're girls) what do you guys think?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, girl :D. You can see how the slit runs right down from the anus. I can see how you're confused by it because she does have that little "pouch" that looks like a boy's bits, but I raised a girl who looked like that too, so now I can see through their tricks :tongue2:.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd also say a girl. The distrance isn't that large, and I don't see any of the 'boy thingies" inbetween :p