Trying Tender & True's Turkey

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just tried out one of the formulas of Tender & True brand, for Turkey. Unfortunately, I got the wrong can and instead purchased the Turkey and Brown Rice version. (They do have a Turkey and Liver grain-free version, but I didn't find this out till today.)

Milly has always eaten grain-free, so she's not used to grains. Today she got some brown rice flour within that Turkey & Brown Rice formula. She's acting a bit like she has a gassy tummy now, 3 hours after her meal. Is this to be expected with a grain formula? Has anyone had their cat vomit after eating this food, if the cat's not used to grains ? (She hasn't done so -yet- but now I am wondering about it)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
sorry you didn't get any response. How did Milly do for the rest of the day? Did she lie around in the "meatloaf" position or act pretty normal? I try to feed a very low carb diet to my furries, but occasionally I will feed a food with brown rice and don't see any particular odd reaction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, @mrsgreenjeens!

Actually, she had an uncomfortable day but no vomiting, whew.

But I was also reminded later when she visited her litter box that she doesn't do so well with chicken. :disappointed:

That food had chicken liver, heart & broth in it.

Put another food attempt in the pile of I've-Tried-These-Foods-To-No-Avail.:freak:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
well, bummer. Have you by chance ever tried giving her probiotics. I give all my cats probiotics, just to keep their gut flora happy. There are many threads here on TCS about probiotics, if you're interested