Trouble Finding Arthritis Medication/Supplements

mej_1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need to find a product that contains glucosamine and chondroitin, but comes in a small tablet that can be swallowed. Does anyone know if such a product exists? All I can find are chewable tablets or those ridiculously huge capsules that are to be sprinkled on food. I'm not sure if the chewable tablets are safe to be swallowed without chewing and if they're small enough to be swallowed. The cat in question is the pickiest eater ever, so the sprinkle capsules and chewables just don't work. Liquid form is out of the question too. It has to be a small-ish pill that can be swallowed. Does anyone know of anything that will work?

jdollprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is an injectable medication called Adequen that has worked wonders for my cats arthritis. The injections are given either subq or IM every 3 days for 4 doses then just once monthly or as needed and it protects the joints as well as repairs them. My cat Cali would not eat the treats or capsules either and giving the injections are pretty easy once you get the hang of it.