Trivial things about cats personality

moonstr80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came up with theories about cats. Doing reading about cats and everything on cats from this forum. Here's list of personality traits I gather about my cat Perry. I'm curious if any is related to any of your cats?

Perry is 4 year old I adopted him from animal shelter on October 2013. Over the course of 4 years he been with me I've noticed his personality slightly changed....

Perry is very feisty, capricious and independent. He can be spooked easily and aloof when someone entering my apartment.

Although doesn't stop his playfulness and being mischievous imperious whenever he's in his moods.

Love to hear your personalities of your cats [emoji]128049[/emoji]

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She demonstrates considerable affection by squeaking (she cannot meow) at us when she comes in, and often rubs herself against our legs after she has been about her catty affairs.  Purrs are frequent when we stroke her and rub her throat - she particularly enjoys this.

As for quirks, see the pictures of her wanting paper to lie on at http://www.thecatsite.com/t/334397/sukies-desire-for-paper

I wish that she would sit on my lap but she will not do this.  However I am now forgiven for daring to put Advantage on the back of her neck, earlier, as she is now sleeping on my printer and allowed me to rub the side of her neck just now.  She never carries grudges.

With kindest regards,

Geoffrey

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonstr80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sukie, now aged 2 ,was adopted, at 8 weeks from my vet after her mother was abandoned, heavily pregnant, on the vet's counter.  After delivery, we took the only female of 3 kittens. 

She has always been a rather reserved, very private cat.   After growing up she has never allowed me, nor my wife, to pick her up.  Any attempt to do so has varied from wriggling away from us, to anger, expressed as hissing and growling.  Attempts to go nearer, when she is cross, causes lashing out at me (but with her claws carefully kept retracted).     

Sukie  is currently cross with me because, today, I gave her the flea treatment.  I really don't know from where she learnt such bad language.

However Sukie has always purred and rubbed herself on our legs when she wants food, and, ever since she was  a small 8 week kitten, she has always rubbed against my arm before eating.

She has an unusual way to tell us that she is hungry, she does this by sitting on her stool in the kitchen:

View media item 396614

She demonstrates considerable affection by squeaking (she cannot meow) at us when she comes in, and often rubs herself against our legs after she has been about her catty affairs.  Purrs are frequent when we stroke her and rub her throat - she particularly enjoys this.

As for quirks, see the pictures of her wanting paper to lie on at http://www.thecatsite.com/t/334397/sukies-desire-for-paper

I wish that she would sit on my lap but she will not do this.  However I am now forgiven for daring to put Advantage on the back of her neck, earlier, as she is now sleeping on my printer and allowed me to rub the side of her neck just now.  She never carries grudges.

With kindest regards,
Geoffrey
Thank you for the nice background story of Sukie. She such an beauty. Cats seems to surprise you for sure

Sukie has some similarities with Perry... he can however hold some grudges not always. I will receive a gentle swat from him when he had enough of me petting him.... hard to tell what's he telling me. He rarely claws me.

I'm glad you saved Sukie and gave her a home. She clearly has a thing for newspapers [emoji]128514[/emoji]

andrastedevout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess every cat is a completely different universe! I have never met two cats with the same personality ^_^

When I was about 14 years old, I adopted Juju Beetroot. Now she lives with my mom and sister and is a respectable old lady.

When I met her brothers and sisters, Juju was hidden under a car, looking not frightened, but kinda annoyed. The look on her face was priceless, so I took her home instead of any of the other (more affectionate and playful) kittens.

She's an outdoor cat, very active. She gets into fights with other cats (and even some dogs) over our neighborhood - she always wins, of course.

She barely makes any sound. She only eats food she have seen being put on her dish. Usually she "stands up" on her back paws and scratches/pull our clothes to ask for food and water.

Juju has a permanent scowl. She always looks angry, even when she's at her sweetest moments.

And there's a lady who works at my mom's house since Juju was a small kitten. Juju loves her so much she waits for her on the bus stop and follows her to my mom's house every morning. Juju isn't a big fan of hugs and rubs, and she will only come to you to cuddle if she thinks you're not too interested. And I never saw her play with anything - she's too serious.

------

A year ago I adopted Andraste. She used to have trust issues since she was adopted two or three times and all her previous owners "gave up" on her (I can't imagine why).

She follows me around. All day. When I go to the bathroom to pee and close the door, she sits outside and waits for me. When I have to leave, she usually rushes for the door to greet me when I return.

She can be pretty vocal sometimes, but she never "meows" - usually she does a weird "prrwoon" or "owowowow" sound.

Andraste loves to hunt, but since she's an indoor cat, she can only chase moths, butterflies and mosquitoes that eventually get trapped inside my apartment. When a moth is too hard to get, she "asks" me to go get it for her.

She loves to cuddle, and will jump to your lap whenever she feels like it. If you don't want to pet her, she will pet herself using your hand.

She usually jumps to my desk and sits on my books and papers, and if I put her on the ground she will jump again, and again, until I stop everything I'm doing to talk to her. Then she'll sit and listen to me - and she can do that for unlimited amounts of time.

When she's playing with her paper balls (I talked about her paper-loving habits on Sukie's topic), several times she picks them up with her mouth and bring them to me.

Last edited: