Tribute to Chein

dozen2luv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chein (pronounced shane) was our beloved dog and I hope that this okay I need to do this for her. Chein was with us almost 15 years, she had reached her 15th birthday in January.

Dear Chein I cried a thousand tears as I let you go Tuesday although I knew this day would come. I promised you that I would stay with you until you breathed your last breath and as hard as it was I did. You have been a part of the family from that day about 15 years ago we found you tied to a fence, underfed, unloved and looking for a new home. You jumped into the backseat of the car and from the moment forward were a part of the family. I almost lost you shortly after that to parvo but the vet was right you were too good a dog not to have fought for you. You were our protector, our friend and most of all loved us without question. You welcomed each new kitten into the family with open arms. They were your babies too. You only had problems with two. Chloe you would not let close to you because you knew before us that she would only be with us a short time and Brian our newest. You looked at me like "Mom I can't take care of him!, you knew you would be going before you had him raised. I knew I had to let you go you were getting too tired for this world. So as you reach the bridge please find Chloe and let her love you. Keep an eye on those you left behind because I know for a fact that there a few mourning your lose just like the human ones you left behind. Kee misses you being at the gate when she gets home from school. Karen says it seems funny that her shoes are right where she left them instead of where you might have moved them. Kevin says its hard to not put your food in its usually spot. I will do something special in your flower bed when the time comes like I promised you! The flower bed that you would not let me plant anything in and if I did you dug it out for me! Your bells will always be on the door waiting for you to let me know you need to go outside or perhaps just a "Hey mom I'm here" message.

Please find peace and comfort "old lady" you will truely be missed.

Dozen2Luv and the rest of Chein's human and fur family

kittylady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautifull tribute to your beloved friend Chein. I am sorry for your loss.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is beautiful. Chein sounds like a very special time and an example of how our pets (canine, feline or other) can truly touch our lives. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dozen2luv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your kind replies. Friday evening Chein's bells on the front door were rung with no one around and I knew she was telling me she had found Chloe and things were good.

Dozen2Luv

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dozen2luv

Friday evening Chein's bells on the front door were rung with no one around and I knew she was telling me she had found Chloe and things were good.
Your tribute was beautiful and yes, it seems Chein has found peace. I'm so sorry for your loss.

gizmoe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is a beautiful tribute to Chien, I am in tears. It sounds like she got a second chance and it was a good one. She will be watching over you as you watched over her. My thoughts are with you and your family.

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chein sounded like a very smart dog; but you obviously were the smart one for rescuing her 15 years ago. What joy she brought to you and your family. I have no doubt she has found Chloe and they are taking care of each other as we speak!