Traveling With Cats

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know cats enjoy routine and their environment, but I was just curious if anybody has experience with traveling routinely with their cat? If someone had a lifestyle that involved a lot of traveling could a cat ever be happy tagging along or would they be better of being babysat at home?

I don't travel often, and I don't really plan to. I'm just curious. Are cats only homebodies or, if done correctly, could they enjoy being little travelers too?

teestro

Toni S.
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Wenda! I think it may just depend on the cat and their personality. My cat, for example, is very adaptable, and I often bring him with me when I’m going on weekend trips to see my parents or staying at my boyfriends house for more than one night. He isn’t a huge fan of riding in the car in his carrier, but if I talk to him, he is fine lol. He just wants to hear my voice. Once we arrive, he adapts super quickly to the environment. Although, there’s nothing like home:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply :) You're kitty sounds like a champ! Very cute too, I might add!

I'm glad to hear they can adapt to that. I don't travel much, but I do want to get Ares use to the car and different things now while he's little.

teestro

Toni S.
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you:)! As is yours! I think the best thing to do is start young, if you can, like you've said. He will most likely be fine once he is used to that. You can also spray feliway spray in his carrier to help calm him prior to taking him anywhere.