Trapped a feral kitten. Next steps?

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been doing TNR for a number of years but have not had kittens for awhile. Been trying to trap mama for 3-4 years and have a drop trap set up as she will not go into a regular trap. She eats on my deck a few times a day and has started to bring her kittens. In the past years I have seen her litters once or twice then never again, lots of predators coyotes esp,.here in the Pocono mountains. Last year I followed her down the road quite a distance but once she saw me she would not continue and I never found where she lives or had her kittens. She has 4 this year and last night I caught one who is in a bathroom in a 3 level cage. Last week when she brought them I saw them nursing but also eating cat food so I think they are about 2 months old. Should I bring to vet to be tested or wait till big enough for surgery? I use an organization that does ferals for $35 plus rabies vac.at 3 months/3lbs. Will test for FIV/FELV for $30. I have Revolution I buy at Petsmegastore Pets Megastore - Discount Medical Supplies for Pets (pets-megastore.com.au) in Australia much less expensive than here and a prescription is not needed. Found out about it on a thread here and when I received it I confirmed with Ziotis that it is indeed their product by the serial number. So what steps do I need to follow? I plan on socializing them and I have a contact in a rescue that will hopefully find homes for them. Thank you for advice.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would just wait to take the kitten when you neuter. Just keep the kitten(s) away from other cats just to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would just wait to take the kitten when you neuter. Just keep the kitten(s) away from other cats just to be safe.
Thank you. I have both FIV and FELV positive cats here so will not bring any more cats into home. The cage is in a bathroom that the rest are not allowed in while I am caring for the kitten and hopefully siblings.