Transfer Factor Updates

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All!

I was interested in learning about Transfer Factor. I looked at some posts from last Spring from people and cats who started taking TF and were having immediate positive results.

Now that it has been several months later, I was wondering if you guys are still happy with it/still taking it, etc.? I'd love to hear details regarding before/after successes, or if it has not worked for you.

Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, this post scrolled off the board, so I'm trying again! Looking for some answers!

Thanks

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bloob & valo

Hi, this post scrolled off the board, so I'm trying again! Looking for some answers!

Thanks
Nope they are just in the order of most recent post

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sort of fits your request...we did a 30 day trial with Rachel with my vets approval. It did nothing zip nada for clearing up her non-contagious issue (sneezing and nasal congestion).

Wah!! Would I try it again if we felt it might help in another situation? yes I would. rachel is a really tough case (zithromax doensn't touch her, gse doesn't, lysine may help a smidge, so we are keeping her on that).

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

This sort of fits your request...we did a 30 day trial with Rachel with my vets approval. It did nothing zip nada for clearing up her non-contagious issue (sneezing and nasal congestion).

Wah!! Would I try it again if we felt it might help in another situation? yes I would. rachel is a really tough case (zithromax doensn't touch her, gse doesn't, lysine may help a smidge, so we are keeping her on that).
Hi, thanks for the feedback! Wow, that's a lot of things that don't work for Rachel. Have you tried colloidal silver? I've been researching today, and found this on I believe it was holisticat.com:

Nose Drops
Noreen, when Lillian has had her URI's, what helped clear her up was nasal drops. I diluted 2-4 drops GSE, 2-4 drops CS, in 2 oz H2O with a pinch of sea salt in it. My roommate and I would tilt her head back and put a few drops in each nostril, and she would usually give a big sneeze after and get rid of a lot of junk that way. We would do this several times a day and continue it for a couple of days after her congestion and nasal discharge clears up.

Also, a woman who uses colloidal silver for her cat wrote back to me and says she administers it with Aloe Life Pet Gel. She says it is whole leaf with sap included, and soothes the respiratory while the CS will create antibiotic effects for the immune system.

She says it can be used topically or internally just like CS but complements it with quick healing effects, and that you can add the gel to distilled or boiled water to make a liquid for the eyes or ears. She puts the gel inside the cat's mouth with her finger and lets the cat work it down their throat with their tongues. Basically tasteless like the CS. She's using it both on her 21 yr old cat who has kidney problems and also severe oral heath problems. The gel is healing the inflamed gums and the CS is working on the immune system.

matthews

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our darling cats - Hera and Herms went for sterilization a week ago. Herms was quite alright but had upset stomach. Hera - she's so adorable. She had some infections on her wound and you can actually see the stitches. Pus was oozing out from the stitches. I did surf and found out that you can actually give them TF. (I did not purchase the Animals TF, coz I thought it would be a waste if it doesnt work). I gave the TF capsules which my mum is consuming for her diabetis. I simply empty the capsule and mix with the wet food for both Hera and Herms. The next day, Herms was alright, Hera still very inactive but has appetite. This time, I took 2 capsules, mix in Hera's wet food and 1 capsule dilute with water and apply on the stitches. The next day, to my surprise Hera was back on her paws, active as normal and the stitches dried up. As for Herms, he's up to his tricks again. I guess, if you wanna try it on pets, I suggest you get the human TF - TF Advance Formula capsules. If it's not suitable for your pets, then you may consume it. Its only cow colostrum and egg yolk. (I guess.... let me check it out with my mum)
Originally Posted by bloob & valo

Hi All!

I was interested in learning about Transfer Factor. I looked at some posts from last Spring from people and cats who started taking TF and were having immediate positive results.

Now that it has been several months later, I was wondering if you guys are still happy with it/still taking it, etc.? I'd love to hear details regarding before/after successes, or if it has not worked for you.

Thanks in advance!

bloob & valo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Matthews,

Thank you for the updates! TF sounds pretty wonderful. Has your mother had any successful results from it pertaining to her diabetes?