Tragic Loss of Best Friend Ever

Ted P

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Sunday 02 July my best friend and family member, Bobbie, passed suddenly that of that dreadful thrombosis condition that cuts off the circulation to the cat's rear legs (both of them).

Currently devastated beyond words and really cannot imagine life without him.

Will write more later.

Why did he h
IMG_20230606_165123.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ted P

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

:hugs:

He was a handsome boy. Rest in Peace Bobbie
Thank you so much for your kind words,they are hugely appreciated.

How long is it since you lost your cat? How do you cope?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way to prepare your heart for such a tragic loss. you never get over it, you work through it. at first, it is overwhelming, the grief rules your life, and there is ALWAYS guilt over all those should haves, and could haves. Time is the only thing that dulls the sharp edges of grief. one day your grief will turn to gratitude for having them share your life's journey. but that is in the future.
There is no way you could have predicted this. It was a horrible, tragic event and there is no way to know something like this is going to come into your life. But it happened and there is no way to change the past. my advice is to just get through each and every day, not dwelling on something that only brings heartache. One day at a time. do not think about the future, only today. you know your little one would never want to be so sad. Just as you would want him to go forward and find happiness once more if you were the first to go, so he wants for you. That is love. you shared something that few people get to, a cat's love.......
At such sad times as these, I like to think of the quote..."Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened. "
My heart goes out to you, I know how this brings you to your knees for such a long time. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, please know you are not alone, we are here any time you want to talk. i know how much this hurts, may God bless you for loving so much......RIP sweet Bobbie. You will never be forgotten. you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May tehe good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of Ted. Several years ago I lost an indoor only big black and white boy who looked very much like Ted to the same condition. While I know this is not any comfort at this point, there is no way that you could have predicted that this would happen.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bobbie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

It will be a little while until you feel like you are actually breathing again. Loss does that to us. And we do not "get over," we "get through." Take time to take care of yourself. This is the Deepest Truth I know, that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Bobbie blesses you, and he sends his Love back to walk beside you down through all of your day. Because Love abides. Always and forever, Love abides.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How long is it since you lost your cat? How do you cope?
I lost Toby on June 3rd.

Toby. Still Struggling To Understand

I think he must have had a heart attack. He had no injuries at all and had seemed perfectly healthy right up until the last moment I saw him. I've lost cats after long illnesses and I've had cats disappear and never come home again. I think that even though losing a cat suddenly and unexpectedly is a terrible shock it's somehow easy to come to terms with. You don't want them to have to go through multiple trips to the vet and suffer that way. It's dreadful to imagine what might have happened to the ones who disappear. Passing away at home without having to go through treatment or medication is much easier for them.

I know your heart is breaking now, but I hope in time you can tell yourself that Bobbie had a great life with you and passed away quickly. That was the kind of death we'd wish for anyone we ever loved.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always remember, @Tedp, when the pain is deep, you are carrying the grief of Bobbie's passing before you, so that he doesn't have to carry the grief of your passing before him.

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you, I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Bobbie.