Tractor Supply Canned Food

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I am still trying to find something to replace Sheba in my rotation since I am not dealing with the perfect portions nonsense. I've heard Tractor Supply might be a good option to go with, but which flavors/varieties are ones that are the best quality? There seems to be a lot of variation with some having grains and others not.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine love the grain free shredded chicken. They also eat the grain free turkey and giblets which is a pate. Mine prefer the shredded type foods.

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've used 4Health grain free chicken recipe (3oz can) for my IBS kitty. He loved it for 7-8 months until a flare up in January. Its very reasonable priced IMO. Check the ingredients list. There are gums in it, but no food is perfect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! That gives me a good place to start. I'm not too worried about gums. There were just way too many options when I was looking at the cans online.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use all of the grain-free 4Health varieties in my food rotation. My cats like them, they're a reasonably good food, and they're a good value for the money.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I lived close to a Tractor Supply I fed my kitty 4Health. I was so happy when my store finally got in the grain free! They have a pretty decent flavor variety so she never ate the same flavor two days in a row. I think for the price they're pretty great. My only issue was that they're pretty high in fat, so she got a bit chunky.

shanghaikitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may just be my kitties being spoiled and picky but i bought the 4health brand at tractor supply (both dry and canned food) and not one of the four cats I have would touch it. Even out outdoor kitty. Maybe I got a bad batch and it was been sitting on the shelf to long. haha
However, with the prices there, it wasn't a waste and luckily a friend was able to use them for her outdoor kitties.
I hope you have a better experience! Best wishes! :hearthrob:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are rarely picky. But I'll be able to buy just a can or two to start since there is a tractor supply a couple blocks away.

Thank you all for the help, I was completely lost with all the different flavors and options.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats wouldn't eat any of the Tractor Supply canned food either. I tried every single flavor of 4health and Paws & Claws. They refused every one. I have a bag of their 4health dry food, but I haven't opened it yet.

BattleWaifu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy loves the tuna flavored. It’s the only non-Fancy Feast brand I’ve found him to have any interest in cleaning the plate with! Good luck.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They had the turkey and giblets one this morning. It seems to have gone over well. :)