Toys To Chase

Cbl003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I got my first cat about 2 months ago. Her name is Ellie Mae and she's a 1.5 yr old rescue. She has a bunch of toys, and plays with them all. Every day we play with the feather string, and I get her to run after that. But I want her to be more active and have something to chase when I'm not home. The only problem is that I have carpet all through my apartment, so all of the toys with wheels don't work. What are your cats favorite toys that get them active?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine like toys that make noise. Ping pong balls might not work as well for you since you have carpets. They're cheap, so give them a try. They're excellent shower or bathtub toys if the cats go into the bathroom.

You might try a little plastic bottle with some noisemakers inside (a few pennies or dried beans work well).

Plastic crinkly balls are fairly cheap--about a dollar--and seem to work on rugs, so they should be good for your carpeted living space.

A tunnel with a dangly toy in one of the ends is also a favorite of my cats. Even a really short one is fun for them (mine's only two feet long).

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Ethical Pets wide cat springs are the best. They roll, bounce and can be tossed. They are inexpensive, come ten to a package, are available on Amazon and in some pet stores and cats are crazy for them.

JTBanana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Love the name- so sweet! The best money I spent on toys was on the hands free laser chaser I got @ Petco for my 2 Kitten's ($25). Just turn it on and it moves the laser hands free. It is on a timer and will turn off after a while. Second on the tunnel- My kitten's also love the crinkly tunnel I got @ Wal-Mart. It was like $4- so cheap. And of course they love empty cardboard boxes that come from online shopping for the toys for them to play with...go figure.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love furry toys that they can bat around. I've also discovered an inadvertent toy-Selene likes to "attack" their playcube. I'll put it in one spot, and find it in another :lol:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cubes and 3 way tunnel. Also a cat tower and tall,square scratching post and slanted. She would like a ripple rug though I decided that's too big for my apartment someone suggested before, a plastic bottle with pennies. Since she likes to run, obstacles and places to hide. Oh, and dont forget shipping trash!