Toys That Move Or ?

Catowneragain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two adult cats and I do have an assortment of toys for them but I would like something that moves maybe and they can play with without me. Sorry but I don't want to play with the cats due to tiring schedule. Once I was given an "As seen on TV" toy that really looked neat.
It was a mouse that ran around under a sheet. So one cat immediately catches it and just sits on it. The other catches it and bites the mouse up. So as you can see they are skilled at catching things. They do go outside in the day but they go nuts at night until they settle down. Any fun toys you have tried? Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
What about a laser light? I'm personally not a fan, but...
What about laptop software for cats where the screen is flat on a tabletop/floor and they can play...

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What about ball in track toys? Ones where there are balls set inside a track that the cat can push around. I have a couple, one is a tower of three circle tracks, and the other is a ball inside a flat track. There are tons of different ones, some you can even add or subtract and rearrange to create new track designs. There are also puzzle box toys, they are boxes with holes in the sides that you can put toys and treats or kibble inside and the cats have to paw the items out. You can even make your own puzzle boxes out of a cardboard box or a plastic tub. You could also try puzzle feeders and feeder balls if you feed kibble, so the cats have to push around the toys to get their food.

Artistwolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with @amethyst—my cats LOVE those ball on track toys and just spinning one ball for them can get them playing with it for ten minutes. I didn’t expect it to be that great—but now it’s the best purchase I’ve ever made for my cats!

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That video is SO CUTE~! Is that a Bengal or a Savannah? Just gorgeous.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He's a second generation savannah, 4 months old today with a ton of energy. I am testing out ALL the toys to see if I can wear him out. :D

This is another of his favorites but I don't leave it with him unsupervised because it has a string and he's a chewer:

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
silkenpaw silkenpaw Thank you! I think we're gonna keep him ;)

Yes, exactly... Savannah(F1 mom) X Savannah(F6 dad)

His mom is the daughter of an African Serval & his dad is an F6, which is several generations away. They made the most perfect little guy

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats like balls. They just stare in disappointment when I roll them across the room. :dunno: