Toys for destructive kitten

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have a bit of an issue with Bond, he destroys most cat toys! He plays more like a dog ripping them opend and pulling stuff out of them.

I find most toys ripped in half with stuffing strewn about the house with peices torn off and scattered about like a murder scene.

Any ideas on toys that can withstand a destructive kitten? I have found most of them he ripps appart within a few hours.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey. Cardboard paper towel/toilet tissue rolls, empty tissue boxes, large sized plastic bottle caps/lids, crunched up pieces of foil, fabric-only string ribbons, empty thread spools. Oh, yeah worn-out socks filled with paper or other socks, not to mention worn out clothing cut into strips and tied into knots. You get the idea.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey. Cardboard paper towel/toilet tissue rolls, empty tissue boxes, large sized plastic bottle caps/lids, crunched up pieces of foil, fabric-only string ribbons, empty thread spools. Oh, yeah worn-out socks filled with paper or other socks, not to mention worn out clothing cut into strips and tied into knots. You get the idea.
Bond loves tp rolls. He rips them up fairly quickly though. Ribbons are off limits after Indy ate one and needed to have it removed.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found things in the baby/toddler and dog sections for my Miss Monkey 30yrs go. She wasn't a chewer just destroyed all cat toys. Knocked something against the wall hard enough to break and dipped soft toys in the water to make them easier to tear apart.

Like susanm9006 susanm9006 said todays spring toys are perfect. Luna is a chewer. She does like the silver vine. I have plush baby blankets on their beds. She enjoys wrestling with and dragging them around. She's put a few holes in them but they stay in one piece unlike any stuffed toy.