Toys For A Cat That Doesn't Like Toys

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cats just doesn't like toys. She likes chasing springs. She used to like wand toys but it seems the older she gets the more bored she is by them. I really want to find her something she'll play with

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats just doesn't like toys. She likes chasing springs. She used to like wand toys but it seems the older she gets the more bored she is by them. I really want to find her something she'll play with
Can you try tying a spring to the end of a wand toy with a sturdy string?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried her with a laser pointer? How about a crinkle ball? Catnip toys?

If you're just trying to prevent boredom there are always YouTube videos of squirrels and birds and fish, but I suspect that you're trying to get her to exercise a bit and it's hard for us to tell what she'll like. I think you'll just have to rely on the one toy you already know she likes and keep trying other things until something works.

Don't throw away the toys she rejects; sooner or later there will be a new cat who's interested.

Margret

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the Yeowww! catnip toys, like the banana or cigar. My cats don't play much anymore, but they love these. They also like the brown packing paper that comes with my online orders. They like to hide under it and sleep on it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely didn't particularly care for cat toys either. She liked nonconventional things like the strainer in the bottom of the bathtub, landline telephone cord or my daughter's small Gumby toy. :rolleyes2: As long as she found something she liked to play with I just bought extra ones to keep on hand.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you haven't already you could check into real fur mice. My big guy is extremely picky but loves these, sometimes I'm surprised the house walls are still standing after he's through with a round. There's an online store that sells retro classic toys. Good luck!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are crinkle balls safe for cats? Most of the ones I see are the size that a cat could swallow. Also, can they be torn/chewed and swallowed by a cat?

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently purchased a new interactive mouse toy from amazon and my cat loves it!! i believe the brand was Aropaw, pretty good price too!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat only likes tiny pieces of paper, twist ties, and rings off of milk caps. She doesn't like catnip, balls, wands, mice, any cat toy really. Maybe try tossing random things on the floor and see what she's interested in.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a good old Cat Dancer...

Unknown.jpeg images.jpeg

It works best if you hold it the opposite way to the picture on the right, so that the curve is inverted, then the end bits hover irresistibly. Every cat I've ever met enjoys a Cat Dancer. My cat, Parker, brings his to me and drops it at my feet, or on the sofa or bed, with a huge, 'hint, hint'. They're super cheap, widely available, and extremely good fun.

:banana2:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 221847 View attachment 221848

It works best if you hold it the opposite way to the picture on the right, so that the curve is inverted, then the end bits hover irresistibly. Every cat I've ever met enjoys a Cat Dancer. My cat, Parker, brings his to me and drops it at my feet, or on the sofa or bed, with a huge, 'hint, hint'. They're super cheap, widely available, and extremely good fun.

I have never had a cat who didn't love this toy. :lovecat:

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

View attachment 221847 View attachment 221848

Agreed, However i love new toys!