Toys big enough to not be batted under furniture/doors

dwdanby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! My one-year-old rescue, Bug, is doing so well, playing, affectionate. She has a catnip mouse she loves, and I'm going to get her also a squeaky toy. However all the toys I can find can be batted under furniture or doors. We have uninhabited areas of the house, so toys can get lost for days. I'm wondering if there are any toys (preferably squeaky and catnip filled))) that are big enough to not go under things, but still small enough for a cat to play with. Looking online is tricky as there are not often any measurements. Suggestions welcome! Thank you!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a dog toy? You could put catnip spray on them. Kabuto actualy likes a larger toy he can put in a sleeper hold and kick the heck out of it.

Indy likes small toys she can throw against the wall and shake in her mouth like a dog.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any of the "kicker" type toys wiII work for that (carrots, bananas, etc), and most come with catnip. AIthough...they stiII want the smaII, catnip mice for hunting and "kiIIing." You're just kinda stuck with that, to a certain degree. And I found one of Hek's kickers behind a door that had been cIosed for MONTHS...the kicker had been missing for a few days.

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat likes toys that are quite small. I find that larger feathers, for instance, intimidate her. I have had to break them down a bit before. The toys are probably not ending up underneath things by accident. I have retrieved a to only to watch her, quite deliberately, paw it right underneath the furniture again. Reaching for things with their paws is inherent behavior. Mouse in the wall, and all that. You can get bigger toys, but they still may go for whatever smaller ones they find.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And the "Mouse in the WaII" thing reminded me...those muIti-IeveI track toys are quite popuIar with cats, as weII!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
And the "Mouse in the WaII" thing reminded me...those muIti-IeveI track toys are quite popuIar with cats, as weII!
You mean the ones that look like a loading circle with a ball? I used to have one but the noise scared Kabuto so I gave it to the humane society. It was loud when the ball rolled around.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, those are the ones. Hek was a IittIe concerned at first, but quickIy overcame it, and became OBSESSED with it!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto went squirrly tailed and growled at it. He is a very chill cat normaly but the sound just freaked him out.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto also acted the same way around castored chairs and wheelie bins he came from the spca so its possable he had a bad experience with something that made the plastic rolling on plastic sound. He is fine with wheels now though.

ikowalczyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also watching you dig out the toys from under the furniture might be part of the fun. 🤪 I know my cats love when I’m crawling around on all fours looking for lost toys or swiping under the fridge or stove with their wand toy to dislodge one of their spirals or paper balls. It’s really all part of the experience- just like cat hair, middle of the night zoomies, and stray litter. 🤷‍♀️🥰

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
YEOWW sells a catnip filled pineapple that is a larger size catnip toy. My girls love it for bunny kicking and so far it hasn’t fit under the sofa or doors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dwdanby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
YEOWW sells a catnip filled pineapple that is a larger size catnip toy. My girls love it for bunny kicking and so far it hasn’t fit under the sofa or doors.
Found it on their website - but it doesn't mention if the catnip is refillable?

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I had a cat that could break/shredd any cat toy, I had luck fondng thing in the infant and toddler toy sections.

I buy Catnip in bulk, keep it in a big tupperware along with a bunch of toys. I just throw the used ones in when I toss them new ones.

This is the best price I've found for cat nip. They have a $30 min and charge for shipping. I use other things they offer so it works for me.

Catnip, Cut - 1 Lb