Tough Time Dealing With Chotu The Stray

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What great pictures. Moving out to the country is amazing! I did that almost 3 years ago and there is no turning back.

Now that you are out in the country, could you build Chotu a catio? He could be outside, but still be safe. There are kits you can buy or if your husband is handy you could build one. If you do a google search on Catio you will find lots of ideas.

Thank you for the update!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone - Chotu, my husband and our husky have moved out to the country on a larger piece of land and here are some pictures of his out for walks - He still gets upset that he cant go out in the early morning and meows all night walking around the house - there is no medical issue - i take him out for 2 long walks during the day - and unfortunately he sleeps in between so.. we have a farmer who also has 3 feral cats that are perpetually outside - so that doesn't help chotu wanting to stay indoors
pheromones to keep him relaxed and chilled out dont work.
Catnip doesnt work
Playing with his box full of toys doesn't work....
but his walk seems to calm him down for a short time -but i wanted to share these pictures - and thank you as always for your support :)
Beautiful! Is Chotu the owner of that great-looking piece of heavy machinery? :lol: It's definitely his color!
We get used to our cats' personalities and idiosyncrasies as time goes on. And sometimes, cats can calm down in time.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chotu! I was just thinking about you all! He has gotten so grown up! He looks so beautiful and happy! He may still have a bit of wanderlust but he looks content in his harness. I imagine the move was exciting! You’ve had a lot of excitement! All good though! A catio could be the answer but also , if walks help, that may work to settle him eventually. Maybe he will adopt one of the local kitties. ;)
I hope you are well too! Thank you for the great photos. I do still keep you and all in my thoughts and prayers. You have done amazing things for Chotu!:heartshape: