touching my face

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does anyone else have a cat that is constantly touching your face with their paws or rubbing their face on yours? Persy will be laying on me on the couch or in bed at night and he will just reach out and put his paw on my face
and he also loves to rub his cheeks on mine. I don't mind except that when he touches my face he flexes so his claws come out
and I am allergic to cats so the fur in the face is something I try to avoid
I just think it's a weird little quirk of his

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocko is my 'reach out and touch someone' kitty.
He is always taking his paw and laying it on me. When I lay down he gets my face. I think it is so funny when I am laying down and talking to him and he will put his paw on my mouth!
He hardly meows so this is his way of communicating i guess.
He also puts his claws out though, so I keep them clipped all the time. Not to mention when he 'makes buscuits' it hurts like crazy cus' he will put out his claws and then DRAG them along my skin....ouch!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reilly's like that too! When he lays on my lap he reaches up and touches my face

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 of my foster boys do that right now -- Archie likes to be up by my face and neck and will groom me... ahhh.. .sandpaper tongue!

Jakie likes to be right up against me or have a paw on me... not necessarily my face...

Oh,,, almost forgot... Ghost likes to "slime" my face with a well-placed prreeeeeeeaaach! And he also likes paws on and will knead my arm or my chest!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody at the moment, but our RB boy Gryphon did that a lot
I think that was one of the things that converted my "non-cat-person" Dad into a besotted kitty Grampa.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bonnie is the most touchie-feelie kitty in my crew. I love feeling her little paw touch me - she loves to fall asleep with me gently holding one of her paws in my hand.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dory is my touchy/feely boy. Especially when I'm asleep, he knows claws in the face wake me up fast!

denham

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats will come up to me and will paw me very gently when he wants me to pet him. I think it's sweet the way he tries to be very gentle about it with claws in. The other will half claw me to death so that I can rub him down hence the name Tundra!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Funny you should mention that.Alley was doing that to me this afternoon when I was taking a nap.She kept pawing my face gently and staring at me.Even when I switched sides she moved with me.It was pretty cute.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Dory is my touchy/feely boy. Especially when I'm asleep, he knows claws in the face wake me up fast!
Nova does that to me.
I think she likes to watch me jump.

What's funny is that when I call my SO to save me (he gets up before I do), she runs to my feet and pretends she isn't pawing at me!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yep both of mine do it, Flash doesnt do it as much as Sooty.

flash tends to jump onto the top of the settee and rest her paws on your head or shoulder and then she'll groom you bless her
Sooty is just mental he will only go to sleep after hes had his big cuddle he hugs like people and has to have his face planted agaisnt mine, and he will sit there like that for a good hour, if you tickle his chin he puts his paw on your chin or cheek

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie does it constantly, especially in bed at night. I swear he taps me on the lips when he wants me to talk to him, too. Another weird thing he does is "comb" my hair with his claws.

brunhilda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Widget does this! She sleeps next to me, all the time, and she kisses me in the morning. She also touches me with her paws a lot! Some cats are just more "loving" than others.

mommacat0907

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
jack does the same thing to me but in the morning.. he tries EVERY morning to wake me up by touching my face or playing with my hair..

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Carly will reach out and stroke my face if I'm holding her. She will all put a paw on my nose and turn me so I'm looking at her. She really like eye contact sometimes.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Cotton's my 'touch' cat. He likes to bonk his forehead against mine and LOVES to rub his face agains my cheek. He's also a bit grabby and likes to grab your hand (no claws) pull it over and cuddle it.

He'll also pat my cheek or nose really gently to wake my up in the morning...DH isn't impressed because to wake him up Cotton sticks his head in DH's ear and yowls.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly's the only cat I've ever had that does this. She seems to do it the most when she wants attention, such as when she's hungry. If I'm trying to sleep in a bit and she wants breakfast, she always goes for my eyes. Every time. I swear she understands eyelids are a clue in getting me to get out of bed. Doesn't make it any more pleasant though, lol. For a while, I started ducking under the covers when I saw her coming, and she knew she was done for. So she'd go to my knees and snuggle in to sleep. But as soon as I snuck my face out of the covers again, she'd leap up and watch me, and the paw would come out again if my eyelids stayed closed for longer than 2 seconds.

She always hangs out in front of the computer screen at night when she's hungry, and if she feels I'm ignoring her (which I am, lol), she'll start staring at me, then she'll reach out a paw and try to touch my face, but I always duck. Dunno why, except maybe as a reflexive action to get away from the nail pricks (she extends them too, lol. What's up with that?). I always stroke her, though, since she is a touchy-feely cat and I want her to continue to use her actual personality to talk, rather than being something else to get my attention.

She's got great little paws, too. She's always flexing them when she feels good, kind of like she's always stretching and relaxing. The paws are big and sooooo defined (like real lion toes), unlike my other two girls, who have little furry nubs for toes. It feels strangely nice when Molly is sleeping on your lap or whatever, and she suddenly flexes her paws and stretches out a bit and starts purring.

She's the only one who doesn't get disturbed if I so much as lay a hand on her back while she sleeps. If anything, she sometimes even starts to purr. The other girls get frumpy, lol

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call Moose my "Tactile Tabby" he's got to have a paw on my face, leg, arm or anywhere else. He sleeps curled up next to me with this head on my shoulder. It's very sweet!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip will do the facial rubs [plus love bites!
] & Cable enjoys kneading me - preferably BARE skin - if she can't find it anywhere else, she'll do my face.