Torishell Coloring And Coat Length

WrenandBoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently adopted this baby girl and I think she is so striking looking! I know she is a tortie, but her face colors seem so vibrant where as her body seems more diluted. Is that because of kitten fluff and will her body fur get more vibrant with age? I’m also wondering what I can expect her fur length to become! Im hoping she is a DLH, but will love her regardless! She has very long fur in and behind her ears, and a quite fluffy tail and body compared to the definite short furred kittens at the shelter.

Also, I love how she is so light in color! I’d love to see pictures of your torties if they looked similar to her coloring at her age, and what they look like now!
Oh, and her name is wren:)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very cute! I agree that she will probably be a longhair. Tortie is a fun color :)

As she develops and grows out of her kitten coat, you may see some changes in her coloring. Tortie kittens often start out with their black and red color patches being somewhat muddled together and unclear, especially on the body. The color patches generally become more distinct with maturity. It's also normal for longhaired cats and kittens to have a slightly lighter shade of color on their undercoat, ruff, and other fluffy parts. Kitten coat can be also be lighter in color as it has that fluffy texture.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My torbie girl has quite a light undercoat that reminds me of your kitty’s. Wren is adorable, by the way!!

I didn’t have Chilli as a kitten, though, so I’m not sure how she looked as a baby. I’ll share a picture anyway :)

C047CC86-AB70-4F7E-B812-561F78A7D992.jpeg
559E2D19-6EC9-446D-896E-DF3C5A44ECDD.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WrenandBoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My torbie girl has quite a light undercoat that reminds me of your kitty’s. Wren is adorable, by the way!!

I didn’t have Chilli as a kitten, though, so I’m not sure how she looked as a baby. I’ll share a picture anyway :)

View attachment 292221 View attachment 292222
She is so adorable! thank you for sharing the pictures :) Her coat really does remind me of my little girl! A lot of the torties/torbies I see are darker so its fun to see what she might look like!