Torbie vs. Tortie?

rayasunshine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you @ Norachan.
Named her Tude for attitude. She was born feral. When I rescued and fostered her along with her five littermates she was the only one who hissed, spit, and wound up like a siren. It was a temporary name and the attitude was too, but the name stuck. She doesn't hiss, spit, or wound up anymore but she doesn't seem like she'll be a real lovey dovey kitty whereas her five littermates are. Three were adopted out to people I know and trust will give them good homes and I'm keeping the other three. Tude, Tootsie (Tortie), & Twixi (Tortie).
I'm in the process of trying to trap their momma for TNR. I say try because I got her about two weeks ago and my trap malfunctioned so she got away ugh. I've only been involed with TNR since Feb and this has all been quite an experience! I'm mostly loving it though [emoji]128516[/emoji]

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

lukedennison

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone! So we had this cat for one year now, we saw this stray kitten wondering around she was a little shy at first, but it wasn't long at all until she became our best buddy. We named her Zephyr, which we actually named her after the train at Dorney Park. Even after a year she is still kind of small too, she is our 4th cat, the smallest out of the four. I noticed the colors are kind of odd, she is very colorful, at first I just assumed she is a mixed breed cat, but after doing some research I think she is a Tri-color Torbie, which seems to be a Tortie with the stripes of a tabby. Can anybody confirm this, I want to make sure my little Zephyr is actually a Torbie from these pictures below. (She is so cute I love her so much!)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Correct this is a torbie with white, ie tortie + tabby + some white.

The red coloring isnt very apparent, after all, they DO have sometimes reddish places.

But these red splotches on her head are very revealing - almost typical.

Revealing, because the reddish fur is never there.

Sweet girl!  You both were lucky whom found each other.  Even if she hasnt the movie star gleaming beautines, which some have, but her sweetness is very pleasant family girl beauty.

Smoda61

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life, but I would love input and this looks like a great thread for my question. We adopted Harry a week ago today. Yes, Harry is a he, which is why I am very curious about whether he is a torbie or is he a tabby. I would love your input. :)
IMG_6148.JPG
IMG_6150.JPG

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, Harry is very handsome. I'd say he's a brown tabby. That fur looks like it's bunny soft, he must be great to snuggle.

Welcome to TCS Harry and S Smoda61

Smoda61

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Norachan, Harry's fur is crazy soft, yes like a bunny (I was comparing to a chinchilla). Brown tabby makes sense. So do you attribute the orange tone on his muzzle and belly to being just a variant of the brown and not to an orange gene. I mostly care because if Harry were XXY, one has to believe that there might be health considerations to watch for as he gets older.

On another note, what a beautiful set of cats you have! :)

Creech.mallory6120

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! I was told my Maine Coon was a black silver classic tabby. As he has grown he has developed some cream and brown coloring. I know that it is rare but could he actually be a black silver torbie?Dad was a black silver chinchilla and mom was a brown black classic torbie. Or is this what is called tarnish in silver coats? Thank you!
IMG_6252.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6254.jpeg