Tooth Extraction Cost And How To Ease Pain Until The Time Comes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20190507_174646.jpg
He's home! They pulled three bad teeth and cleaned the rest for a grand total of $306. For the first little while he was riding high on pain meds and very clearly not feeling any pain. Since then he's crashed and a bit grouchy. He sulked in a dark room on his favorite blanket for a while but now he's out sassing for food.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s amazing! I wish I could get Krista’s teeth done for that cheap. Stick to the pain med schedule and the antibiotics. The antibiotics will soup his poops. Just ride it out for the full course. 7 days? And then you can give him probiotics and pumpkin to get his pooper back in shape. Even though he may still be feeling some pain from the extractions, I’m sure it’s nothing like before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No soupy poops yet! A little blood, but they said that this was very normal due to the amount that he's swallowing.

For the first day he pretty much wanted to be by himself and that was alright. He had a nice dark room to nap in on his favorite fleece blanket.

He's eating wet food just fine, which is great because I was worried he wouldn't feel like it.

Today he's wanted nothing more than to find a family member to curl up on to sleep, much to Reese's dismay. She drowned one of her toys in the dog's dish, (as she does every day) fished it out, and dropped the soggy thing right on a sleeping Sir. I can't tell if she's worried about him or if she just doesn't understand why he isn't playing with her...

I tried to separate them but he wants none of that at this point. He wants his family close. Besides the gift of drowned mouse, she's being respectful, just hanging out close by.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm late to the party as usual, but I'm glad the lawsuit was dropped and Sir is feeling better :wave3: We've got two that are facing dentals soon, and I'm hemming and hawing around about it but I know it's gotta get done (I hate putting them under)!