Tooth-brushing, Succeeded! :)

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Few days ago, I bought C.E.T. poultry flavored toothpaste, C.E.T. long handled toothbrush and a fingertip toothbrush for human babies. I didn't really brush her teeth at that time but let Vega get used to the toothpaste. She seemed to like it.
Today, I, for the very first time, brushed her teeth!:thumbsup: I was holding her jaw with one hand and brushing her molars with the other. She didn't want to be held but the toothpaste was good distraction. She was busy licking it. I took one step at a time and only brushed the outer side.
The long handled toothbrush seems to work better.

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the brush and the paste too ... and have been too scared to use it lol! Olive wouldn’t eat me, but still.

I tried the “let kitty eat some liver like in the wild” and she dipped her paw at it and flicked chicken blood across the kitchen, epic fail. I still might try a chicken wing ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It wasn't as hard as I thought, although I am still testing her reaction. Vega is not a tame girl. You know, she is a torbie!:angrywoman: Scratches are all over my limbs :frustrated: