Took Sooty to the vet today.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,one of the kittens is called Sooty ,noticed he has a pink spot just under his month ,at first it looks as if he has his tongue stuck out all the time .

The vet said he has a virus ,she did tell me the name of it ,big long name don't ask me what it was .Got to give him some Prednicare tablets ,half a tablet morning and night for a week then half a tablet for 2 days .

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have any pictures of the infected area?  I'm just curious.  Also, did the vet give you an idea of how long the infection will remain active?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,been meaning to take a photo .Yesterday a neighbour told me that Misha was limping on his front right leg ,he was ok when i let him out in the morning .Made a appointment at the vet this afternoon at 3.30 ,he spends more time at the vet than he does at home .

Fault on the phone line ,interweb been off all afternoon .The vet found a big scab on Misha;s leg ,he gave him a shot of antibiotics.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,Sooty has the thing under his mouth and Misha has the limp .

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Hi ,Sooty has the thing under his mouth and Misha has the limp .
I'm sad to see that the old saying "When it rains, it pours" being proven true in your case.   
   I hope both kitties are on the mend, soon.  Do you think Misha got in a fight?  And are you noticing any improvement in Sooty's chin?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like Sooty might have calicivirus??  Those mouth ulcers are painful.  Also, it can be a chronic condition that flares up from time to time.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,the vet did tell me what the name was,it was a long ,long word ,it is not in his mouth ,but just under it .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had to take him to the vet again yesterday ,it  is not getting better ,he looked in his mouth and it looked very sore ,started him on some antibiotics  and i took him in for a biopsy today ,he had some blood tests done yesterday and shaved his leg ,they did the same to the other leg to get the sleepy juice in ,now he looks like he is wearing ripped jeans .

I hope the biopsy does not show anything fatal.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,took Sooty to the vet this morning to get the results ,he has an allergic reaction to something ,the vet had checked him for fleas before ,but today he found 2 0r 3 droppings .

He used a strong flea zapper on him and i have to start him on some new meds tomorrow ,got to take him back next week

So glad it is not fatal.

Here i am showing him the vet's bill ,he declined to comment ,he can just make out the shaven patches on his knees

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so happy to hear this news!!!

Sooty does not look at all impressed at the bill given the indignity he is suffering with his little shaved knees [emoji]128569[/emoji]

Again, so glad it's an allergy rather than something really terrible [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,took Sooty back to the vet this morning ,the vet is pleased at how well his mouth is looking .

Got to keep the giving him the meds 2  a day for a week then 1 a day and take him back in 3 weeks time .