Took in stray; not sure what kind of cat he is?

cherubim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
345F653B-0724-4FBC-9A95-B6C72D77000A.jpeg

My family recently took in a stray and we’ve been wondering what type of cat he could possibly be? His spots and overall body shape seem kind of unique to the other strays in our area. He’s VERY sweet and absolutely loves pets. Super friendly. ❤ Any help is appreciated!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a brown classic tabby. Count him as a domestic shorthair for all practical reasons, including insurance. (insurance may be cheaper for domestics than purebreds)

I wouldnt be any suprised, if he is a natural son to a Oriental or a modern siamese, as he is rather lean, has this somewhat prolonged face, and rather big ears.

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
He seems to me a young, domestic short hair with brown tabby coat. So beautiful! I love tabby boys. I have one myself! Congratulations on your new buddy :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie! I totally agree with StefanZ. I would describe him as a brown classic tabby Domestic Shorthair. This pattern can also be described as marbled or bullseye tabby. He does have quite large ears and a triangular head shape, so I was thinking along the same lines as StefanZ, that he may have some Oriental ancestry. You'll get a better idea when he's a bit older, though. Some kittens who look Oriental-like when they are young will grow into their large ears and long legs. If his ears/legs stay large/long relative to the rest of his body, even as he grows, that is a hint that he might have some Oriental in him, although, no one can know without a pedigree.