Too much travel for new Kitten?

warebubbles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, 

My kitten is 2 months (born May 5th) and I got him July 7th (Had him for 11 days) since I've gotten him I was cat sitting for 4 of those days when I first got him, taken him out to the vet, and tomorrow we are gong to Connecticut for 9 days. 

I am worried he has not had enough time to be in the apartment and will be confused to where his home is. Am I overthinking this?

Also is it bad if I take him places with me alot? He will be in the apartment alot while I am at work but I travel a little at times and will take him with me as much as possible because I miss him and it gives me anxiety to leave him alone.

ruby6689

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We adopted our Mittens from a rescue centre whilst on holidays and she spent her first week with us travelling. She settled in beautifully to travelling and into home when she finally got here.

I don't think there would be a problem, he would probably be more distressed if you were to leave him behind, in care, as he is still bonding with you. If you are going to be doing ongoing travel get him used to it straight away.

I have travelled with a few of my cats and I make sure they are collared, tagged and always on a harness at all times outside of our accommodation. I have a nice big oval cat cage that has a deep tray with insert in case they wet and is wire only on top so they can see out. It is big enough to put bedding up one end as well. I find my cats travel much better in this open view type cage rather than the enclosed front door ones.

Enjoy your travels with kitty.