Toilet Behaviour

Riley707

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently moved in with friend who have 2 outside cats and 2 dogs. One of the cats has now started pooping outside my room (loft conversion) they don’t have litter boxes as they go outside and my friend refuses to have one, can anyone suggest anything?

Cat_mediator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has this happened before you moved in with this friend? If not, maybe this cat is having issues with the latest change in the environment (which is you). They can go in and out of the house whenever they want I assume? If the answers are yes to the above questions, then you and your friend should implement a behavioral plan for the cats. Your friend should help them get used to your presence in the house. Above all, make sure you clean where the cat soiled very well, otherwise, he/she would do it again when he smells it. Cover the area with an aluminium paper, he won't like the feel of it. Have your friend play with them and feed them when you are around for the first few days. Then you would be the one doing it afterward. You want to show them that you are no threat to them. Positive association is the key!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Riley707

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been in around 3 months now and it’s not long started, I’ll give it a good clean though and try the aluminium though! Thankyou