Today was the day, a good one.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As I write this the 28 cats that I have been raising, all the offspring of a feral mom, are at a spay and neuter clinic getting wormed, and shots and fixed, finally. I am waiting for the call to come and pick them up. I have been trying to get this done for months but there was never room or the entire clinic was canceled because of Covid. Things were not looking good for this spring. But this time when it was announced for some reason there was room. I tried to get some of the females done and texted in a request for 5 or maybe 10 if they could fit. The answer back was how about if we can do them all. Elation! These kittens range in age from 7 months up to a year plus two 4 month old orphans. (The feral mom had another litter this fall and then mysteriously disappeared. I found two little ones crying their hearts out and bottled fed them and nursed them till they got big, yet another story.) This spring, 2020, I tried to get a litter of six from a feral mom fixed. No big deal I thought. I had an appointment, then everything got shut down. The four girls from that litter had 4 more litters with an average of 5. Twenty kittens. When things started opening back up I couldn't even get one in much less 20 taken care of. But finally its getting done.
So 2 weeks ago when I got the appointment I started figuring out just how I was going to pull this off. I set up 2 rooms in my mancamp unit to contain all the cats and over a week started feeding them in there.
This is what a man camp is: Getting a Man Camp Module
So I walk out with a big pitcher full of food and shake it and everybody follows me down to the new feeding rooms. Twice a day, everybody's happy. Started moving kennels and carriers into the rooms, no problem. Started putting food in the kennels, No problem.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's awesome. I'm glad you were able to FINALLY get them all done, what a crazy experience. And it's a real undertaking getting that many done at once. The most I took in at one time was 13 and that was pretty wild. Of course you can put several kittens in the same carrier, and maybe 2 adults per carrier if everyone gets along, so that helps. How many carriers did you end up taking in?

Also that man camp is awesome. Now I want to look into getting one. . .

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, you’re amazing caring for all those cats. Bless you. Wish there were more people like you, the world would be a better place.
It must have been amusing watching all the cats being herd into carriers etc. so glad to hear they are being treated....thank you for your concern.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO happy for you! What a weight lifted off your shoulders. One cat can suddenly be 100 as you found out, there would be a whole lot less suffering in this world if everyone took on the job of neutering like you are doing!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
:cheerleader: :clap2: :redheartpump: :clap::hugs: That is truly amazing and you must have such a sense of relief and accomplishment. Years and years ago there was a feral mom on my property who was untrappable, including when I actually hired a professional. She passed having her last litter. I am so glad that you found the babies.