Today Seems To Be Kitten Day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen jellicals are the black and white cats. There are tuxedo cats, like Mr. Mistoffeles in Cats, which only have the white front bib and all the rest is black, all the way down to Hitler cats, which only have a little black patch like a Hitler mustache by their nose and all the rest is white. In between are the "saddle" cats. I saw a chart of all the different jellicle markings and now I can't find it. While I was looking for that I did see that saddle cats are also called cow cats, so it's not just you that think that they look like cows! :D A lot of people think that T.S. Elliot came up with the Jellicle name, and other folklorists say that it predates him. I think it's a nobody really knows moment. For no good reason, jellicals are my favorite kind of cat even though they're relatively common.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Resa, I had no idea about the meaning of jellical/jellicle. Luciano's black portions are almost exclusively seen from above. Full tail, much of his back, top of head, top of ears, most of face from the eyes up on both sides & one side of his nose. He has a tiny black spot on the back of one foot, but when he's on his back, he looks completely white.

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Willa is doing well. She still hasn't had her mastitis rupture closed because the vet wants the last of the necrotic fat to come off before stitching it so she won't have to have a drain. While all this was going on, my son was moving out of his apartment and temporarily in with us. A lone barely weaned kitten appeared on his back porch and of course, all the rescues are up to their rafters with spring kittens. She ended up at my house. When Willa began to feel better, she suddenly decided that this kitten was going to be her kitten. They've rapidly become inseparable. The original plan was to rehome the kitten, but now I don't think we can unless we rehome Willa with her. Having this kitten, even though it's much older than her own kittens would be, seems to have cured her depression and helped her healing so much.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, how wonderful for both Willa and the kitten! :redheartpump:

It's amazing how these things work out sometimes. Many cats who lose their babies need an adopted baby in order to feel better. I'm so glad you are keeping this kitten!

When does the vet think it will be time for Willa to be stitched up? This has surely been a long process.

Thank you for the update! :)

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has another appointment on Monday. So far I've only had to dig blanket fuzz out of her tummy once. I tried putting a stretch mesh bandage sock on her and that ended in total disaster, so she's just been laying around the house with her wound out in the air. This doesn't seem ideal to me but my vet says everything is going great with the healing. She doesn't act like she's in pain and she's been eating well and having fun with the kitten. Slowly getting well kitty! Thanks so much for all your support.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Any update on Willa? I am sorry to hear about all of the kittens! That is so crazy that her mastitis ruptured like that! Thank you for sharing because I have never seen such a thing! I know some vets do like to leave wounds like that open so that they can drain- it has never seemed too sanitary to me.

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Miss Willa is all stitched up and feeling perky. She gained a 1/4 of a pound last week. Here's her stitched up tummy. I feel like I could take the before, during, and after photos and donate them to a veterinary college or something! From what my vet friends say, this is pretty rare.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yay! She's looking so much better! :)

Good to hear that she's eating well and gained a little.

Is she still enjoying "her" kitten?

Resa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is! They are so cute together. The kitten is a first class food-stealer though, and when I lock her in the bathroom to keep her out of Willa's extra feedings, sometimes Willa gets so upset that I'm being mean to her kitten that she doesn't eat her food even though she's hungry. When I can, I end up playing with the kitten until Willa is done eating. Still a little high maintenance here, but such a relief to see Willa on the mend and in love with her adopted kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Such a sweet story. I'm so glad Willa has a kitten to love. :redheartpump: