Today is the day..Gonna quit..Need support..

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't help you from first hand experience, but I can tell you what helped my best friend. You mentioned chewing on straws. She always kept vegetables around...baby carrots, green peppers, cucumbers, whatever...she ate them when she got a craving. They helped her a lot and were heathly for her.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey!
Know what you are feeling and believe me when I say the anticipation of quiting and wanting a cigarette is the worst part of the scenario! I quit January of this year, slowly reduced and then simply stopped buying them. I tried quiting several times before, even for 2 years once, but this time I truly quit for me. Thats the only way, when you do it for you
Never even tempted, find it repulsive actually.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a smoke since 7pm last night. I have been up for about 30mins and so far so good I still haven't had one. I am tempted big time. But I choose to chew the gum instead. So far so good at this point.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, when my aunt quit smoking she always had a little "fidget toy" in her pocket--like a stress ball or silly putty or one of those little gadgets you get from 25 cent candy machines... anyway, she said it helped to keep her hands busy. Every once in a while, when I'm stressed, I keep a glass pebble in my pocket to play with. It works. And hey... good luck... remember one slip doesn't mean you've lost; you can just go right back to not smoking.

snickers80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck!

My friend went on the perscription drug to help you quit smoking. I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but it has really helped her and she has had no cravings. She's been smoke free for 2 weeks I think.

They say the first 2 weeks are the worst, so hang in there! You can do it!