To Give You All Thanks

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving as we don't have it where I'm from; though I am grateful for this site for teaching me about cats and meeting many wonderful fellow cat lovers! I joined the site as a first time cat owner and have learnt so many new things about looking after cats, and cats themselves. I love this community!

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for dolly living to see her 16th birthday today. As some of you know my companion just got diagnosed last month with stage 3 cancer. By one vet. Well my mom talked me in to taking her into her vet, and I am glad I did. Turns out that it's just a cyst ( 1/2 in.) That her vet didn't want to mess with because of her age. She had it removed from the neck and is doing better today. I feel blessed. Dolly has a new vet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for dolly living to see her 16th birthday today. As some of you know my companion just got diagnosed last month with stage 3 cancer. By one vet. Well my mom talked me in to taking her into her vet, and I am glad I did. Turns out that it's just a cyst ( 1/2 in.) That her vet didn't want to mess with because of her age. She had it removed from the neck and is doing better today. I feel blessed. Dolly has a new vet.
Dolly2002 Dolly2002 That makes my day!!! What amazingly wonderful news. KEEP THAT VET! :yess:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is absolutely wonderful, and something to be very thankful for!!!!

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dolly2002 Dolly2002 That makes my day!!! What amazingly wonderful news. KEEP THAT VET! :yess:
I'm definitely going to be keeping the new vet. I am so upset with her old one that I been going to for over 20 years. And my sister used him as well but after what he did with dolly my sister is finding a new vet for for her ranch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely going to be keeping the new vet. I am so upset with her old one that I been going to for over 20 years. And my sister used him as well but after what he did with dolly my sister is finding a new vet for for her ranch.
I would, too. This is why I am wary of allopathic (symptom-based) practitioners. Of course, anyone, even someone extremely well-educated and experienced, can err. But at what cost?!! Sounds like a wise decision to stick with the new one and I hope your sister will find a good one, too.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:
This is some of the best news we've read all day.
:grouphug:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would, too. This is why I am wary of allopathic (symptom-based) practitioners. Of course, anyone, even someone extremely well-educated and experienced, can err. But at what cost?!! Sounds like a wise decision to stick with the new one and I hope your sister will find a good one, too.
Us, too.
Took a dog in for some possible age related problems, but it came on so fast that we were concerned after this dog had been potentially exposed to something toxic. When we asked the new vet if this exposure to a known toxin (to canines) could cause the symptoms, it was "nope, no, no way, nope" yet the dog died (despite help from other vets) and they had no answers as to what was actually wrong.
I respect the hell out of vets when they actually try, and if they can't figure something out at least act humane about it. When they put their foot down and act like everyone is stupid except them, I kick them to the curb and say choice words and move on. No ones got time for that ****.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Furballsmom Furballsmom and a few others I can't think of their screen names. You are always there to offer facts, and things to try to keep my cats healthy and peaceful. Everyone truly loves cats and cares for the cats that are discussed on the site. Thanks for everything!
I second Furballsmom Furballsmom , she's offered us so many positive posts and helpful information and links that have been such a help, and such an emotional lift. :wave3:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for all the wonderful people on this site that offer advice and support as well as their stories and pictures of their cats that make me smile.:)
I am especially thankful to all the people who commented on a thread I started back in May. They started me on a path that ended with the adoption of Buddy. I can't imagine my life without him now. He has brought so much joy. Because of TCS he is in my life and for that I will be eternally grateful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Us, too.
Took a dog in for some possible age related problems, but it came on so fast that we were concerned after this dog had been potentially exposed to something toxic. When we asked the new vet if this exposure to a known toxin (to canines) could cause the symptoms, it was "nope, no, no way, nope" yet the dog died (despite help from other vets) and they had no answers as to what was actually wrong.
I respect the hell out of vets when they actually try, and if they can't figure something out at least act humane about it. When they put their foot down and act like everyone is stupid except them, I kick them to the curb and say choice words and move on. No ones got time for that ****.
Agree 100%. In this society, and unfortunately x1,000 in the L.A. Metro area, it seems to be all about the profits with most. Our wonderful vet in the Mojave was the exact opposite of that, and they ran a full-service hospital with EVERYTHING right on-site, clean, comfortable, and everything you could ask for except for a cats-only entrance/lobby.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dollys new vet only allows ALL animal friendly dogs threw the front door, the ones that aren't brought in threw the back and have to have a muzzle on.
Well, that's something, at least. Personally, I am NOT a doggy person and I'm probably just as stressed as, if not more than, the cats when we have to sit in a lobby with even one dog. I love the practices that have cat-only and dog-only areas! They should all be that way IMHO.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This site has helped me through several rough patches with my girls health. And it's the reason I knew when things were off to begin with! I can tell my vet appreciates that I've got some knowledge behind me for my girls. I've even been able to help random people in the pet aisles at the store. :lol:
When I hear of cat behavior issues, I direct them to this site.