To fly over Europe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Globe Trotters, Now my two cats have been anti-wormimized. My wet showed how to open the cat's muoth withe thepointin finger and then to but the pill into the mouth down in the throath. and I have had them both chipped. So the next time I want to go abroad, I know what to do. In Sweden where I live, there is no Rabies. So the cats must have vaxine against that virus (or what it is). Anyway, I write this because it is SO expensive to let a Cat Hotel (or what the name of it is). In Sweden it cost about Kr 200 = € 22,22 or = $ 30,77 or = £ 18,80 for 24 hours/cat. I Think it's rather expensive. Why is it so expensive? Is it expensive? Perhaps I'm wrong about this? The food I Believe is included.

gumbiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, I am from the UK. It used to be that any pet coming into the UK had to go into quarantine for 6 months. However, that might have changed - here is a link to an article from 2011

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2103039,00.html

This was because we don't have rabies in the UK. There are different rules depending on which country you are travelling to. I don't know how you are flying - non-stop or not - but it is a gruelling trip because the pets are put in the cargo hold.

One of my 7 year old cats that we adopted was given up to the shelter because her then caregiver was moving to the UK. It might be a good idea to do some research online to see which airline treats pets the best. There have been cases of lost pets and even deaths. Please choose carefully!

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again, I have exported one of my Little kittens, the blue/grey one to Italy. The airway Company were quite nice. On their website it was written that they approved a measurement. And they prefered a brand called Sherpa. But the Small size was too small in my opinion. So I contacted SAS, and the said Ok for the Medium size as the transport bag was of a soft material. The Little kitten was chiped, vaccinated against pest and Rabies. And now she lives in nice appartment in North of Italy. She is (in my opinion) so cute and nice. Good luck Little Olivia!

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise