To Enucleate Or Not

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks awesome! I'm so glad you choose to have his eye removed. Even a small chance of developing cancer is still too much so I think you made the right decision. He is super lucky to have you! All cats should be so fortunate.

Libby.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, we over-vaccinate here in the US. We vaccinate our animals annually or every three years and studies have shown that the initial vaccination shows antibodies seven years later and other studies show that the initial vaccine may be effective for life. You've already vaccinated the cat, so I wouldn't vaccinate again and there is little chance that he'll come in contact with rabies or distemper if he is strictly an indoor cat.

I am firmly convinced that the reason we lose so many senior cats to kidney failure is over-vaccination. My newest additions, currently 3 years old, are all strictly indoors and will never receive any vaccines.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My lease requires vaccinations, however, we do titers before any vaccination, and I keep a copy of the report. Thus far, that's satisfied management that there is no danger of rabies. Haven't had to vaccinate in 9 years now. It's a good way to split the difference.

Greyman looks GREAT! He's got that sexy, come-hither wink thing going on now, doesn't he?