Tnr Failure..sort Of

rescue53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This awful pic is a dilute torti i tnr'd 2 years ago. In 15 yrs of rescue i have never had to pull in one for an injury. I have found them hbc but never this. The doc thinks it was an abscess from another cat bite. This was 2 wks ago. Although she had surgery and stitches and made it her life mission to Not wear the cone she is healing wonderfully and flips over and head butts my hand when im scratching her head and chin. So no she wont be going back. It is a hard life out there and the cats have noone but us. Thank you all for caring and working so hard at this. If you make a difference for just 1 cat it counts!

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor little thing! I'm so glad you could catch her. What a lucky girl to have found a forever home too.

I'm sure she'll heal up fine. Abscesses always look awful, but they usually heal up with hardly any scar.

Thank you for helping her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her being sick with this severe abscess and her knowing it, and you helping her pull through, hastens up the socializing process. Sometimes their life is at stake, but IF they survive, the socializing is almost sure, and may come surprising quickly. :)

Good to know, if somebody hesitates and ask herself: why shall I put in good solid money to save a random feral cat whom I even dont know, and I dont even know if it will survive?
The answer is: IF it does survive, it will also be socialized having YOU as her favorite human. And this makes it fully worth all the money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescue53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thx for the support. She is confined until the open area is closed which helps also. She is forced to put up with me petting her and putting ointment on the wound. Then giving her a wet food treat.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor baby. But so lovely that she'll now have a wonderful, loving home. :redheartpump:
Do let us know how she's getting on.