Tiny Sneezes

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy has been sneezing quite often for the past week or so. Especially after he sniffed something (wall, floor, couch, any toy, etc.)
It's not big sneezes. More like "huff, huff, huff" and then sometimes a small "achoo" at the end of the huffing.
I vaccumed thoroughly the apartment last night (I must admit I haven't been doing it often lately, some stuff going on in my life, but their litter box is always clean and they get lots of love!) now I just need to do the same on the sofa/chairs, and any other random spot they like to sleep on.
It doesn't look like a URI, his eyes are clear, and no discharge. No discharge from his nose when he sneezes, either. His energy level is as high as ever. I've been trying to find out a change in their daily lives that could cause this.
I gave them new flavours of fancy feast while also going back to a bit of Weruva, I found some cans in my pantry last weekend. They like the 2 brands; I'd like to give them Weruva way more often, but my budget was recently reduced.

If this continues, I will go to the vet, but I wanted to see if someone had an idea of what it could be?
I've been thinking about different scenarios, from the dryness of the air due to the heater to something might be stuck in his nose.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be any number of little things. Any minor change can cause sneezing, I sneeze on a regular basis because of sensitivities and allergies. Half the time I can't figure out what it is that caused it and the other half it is some random one-off annoyance. Since he has no other symptoms I wouldn't worry unless more symptoms develop or it lasts for another week. It wouldn't hurt to set up an appointment for a few days out and cancel if it goes away; at least that way it is already set up.

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My one cat did that. I just kept an eye on him. I figured it was allergies to something in the bed, and I cleaned out the feathers and dust, or he sniffed something or need to get acclimated. I also applied Revolution because he was acting like he was acting uncomfortable, but he was otherwise fine. The sneezes went away after a couple weeks.