Tiny scab?

lisngriffin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!

My 4mo old kitten has (I think) scratched his ear and caused it to scab. The only weird thing about it is, there's little blisters on his flap. Nothing is going on inside the canal, and there's no mites or wax.

He did, however, have a small piece of litter attached to that same spot that I saw and picked off. Then he started scratching it. I'm not even sure how he got litter in his ear? He kind of goes crazy at his littler box...like it owes him money, almost...LOL.

Anyways, I have a picture. If anyone could give insight on this that would be great! He does have an app checkup next week, so if all else fails.. I will find out soon. Just curious if anyone here knows how it might have come to this.

Thanks!

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi there!

My 4mo old kitten has (I think) scratched his ear and caused it to scab. The only weird thing about it is, there's little blisters on his flap. Nothing is going on inside the canal, and there's no mites or wax.

He did, however, have a small piece of litter attached to that same spot that I saw and picked off. Then he started scratching it. I'm not even sure how he got litter in his ear? He kind of goes crazy at his littler box...like it owes him money, almost...LOL.

Anyways, I have a picture. If anyone could give insight on this that would be great! He does have an app checkup next week, so if all else fails.. I will find out soon. Just curious if anyone here knows how it might have come to this.

Thanks!
It looks minor, probably from a scratch. if its the only one i'd monitor for getting worse or spreading in size or number.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisngriffin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It has not grown in size at all. It's just gotten a little crustier. Like darker crust now.  I was tempted to clean it off, but I am going to leave it, I think. I don't want any scabies falling into his ear.  Hopefully the vet can give me cream or wash it off nicely when I am there.

Thank you for replying btw!!