Tiny Scab/cut On Cats Ear

NYISLES13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all this is my first post.
Came on here to ask for advice with this.
I have a 1 year old cat and today when petting a felt something by her ear and it felt and looked like a scab. It came off very easily and she was In zero pain when i did it. Now there is a small open wound on her ear. I took a clean wet towel and there is zero blood from it and she is in zero pain from it.
Is this something I just let heal naturally or do I need to do anything specific.

Also not quite sure how she got this is the first place. I'm assuming it's from running all around playing and maybe bumped into something which she does all the time.
20190104_214750.jpg
20190104_214750.jpg 20190104_214637.jpg 20190104_214647.jpg

Attachments

solowars

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had a very similar wound on the side of her ear, from scratching herself due to fleas.

It healed up on its own in no time at all, I just cleaned it with a little antiseptic (my vet gave me chlorohexidine) before it scabbed over. Just keep any eye out for signs of infection or see if she's scratching the wound deeper.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat had a very similar wound on the side of her ear, from scratching herself due to fleas.

It healed up on its own in no time at all, I just cleaned it with a little antiseptic (my vet gave me chlorohexidine) before it scabbed over. Just keep any eye out for signs of infection or see if she's scratching the wound deeper.
:yeah:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If you don't have the antiseptic mentioned above, and you DO have chamomile tea bags from a grocery store (containing just chamomile), you can steep one in water, cool it, and dab it on the wound with a cotton ball. It has both soothing and healing properties.