Tiki cat

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tiki cats grill line claims to have bones in it, assuming they're cooked, is it safe to feed??

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Canned food is cooked right in the can so, yes, any bones in the food would be cooked. The kinds of fish used in Tiki Cat and many other brands have very thin soft bones so they're ok for a cat to eat cooked.

Poultry bones and other bones from meat animals are no-nos to give to pets cooked because they splinter easily. Raw bones are fine and always supervise when allowing a pet to chew on a raw bone.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Question: do the can foods actually say there are bones in it? I guess I’ll have to take a better look at the ingredient.
Its a shame the big businesses don’t care what they put in the food for our animals or even people food.
ive tried searching different foods and every now and then I come across something that looks good but then I see it’s either too high in phosphates or they have a lot of fillers.. it’s mind boggling trying to understand the labeling...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question: do the can foods actually say there are bones in it? I guess I’ll have to take a better look at the ingredient.
Its a shame the big businesses don’t care what they put in the food for our animals or even people food.
ive tried searching different foods and every now and then I come across something that looks good but then I see it’s either too high in phosphates or they have a lot of fillers.. it’s mind boggling trying to understand the labeling...
They say on the website they contain bones so yeah

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some would, but most would just say it contains “chicken”, “Turkey” and so on, which may mean it contains bones, according to AAFCO definition. They are usually ground finely so it shouldn’t be a problem, although some brands, like ZiwiPeak, can have pieces way bigger for my comfort level.
Some brands indicate: boneless chicken, which is nice.

HAS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty has had the sardine flavor, which has chunks of sardines, including very soft sardine bones, that when you mash them soften easily,