Tiki Cat Sardine Cutlets

mannie3moon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, raw feeder here. I tried to put both raw and canned-in-water sardines into my cat's food rotation, but she was having none of it. I heard sardines are good for cats. Is Tiki Cat's canned sardine cutlets nutritious enough? The first three ingredients are sardines, sardine broth, and sunflower seed oil.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’ll attach the link to the food, so that it’s easier for our nutrition experts to evaluate: Tiki Cat Tahitian Grill Sardine Cutlets Grain-Free Canned Cat Food

I think it looks good! Tiki Cat is a well-liked and popular brand around here. That being said, if he doesn’t like the sardine-flavored food, I wouldn’t fight him on it. It’s not necessary for cats to have fish in their diets.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's one of the flavors in my cats' seafood Saturday rotation. They liked just regular sardines in spring water though that I gave them as a treat so I knew they'd like the Tiki Cat sardine cutlets. I agree that if your cat doesn't seem to go for sardines then she probably won't be into it because they're very large chunks.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like it. the chunks can be a bit big, but thats ok with me, you can tell its real. I just do a quick chop with a fork and its good to go :)
my guys also like salmon. They LOVE the almo nature salmon and apple, they will eat Tiki salmon, but are not as fond of it as they are the almo nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mannie3moon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice, guys! I gave it to her and she devoured all of it! It is definitely going into her rotation.